Edited

Dontdreamit said:
I only post cause a beloved corps member indicated that they were now gone.
If you mean:

Slightly_Nasty said:
Does OU count?
Paid for first year, but got sent to Iraq before I could complete it. Army refused to refund the course fees and said it was up to the OU to pay me back. OU refused to refund course fees and said it was the Army's responsibility.
Eventually, OU said I could do the same course again next year. I duly started it, then got posted to the Unit Formerly Known as AISU, lived out of a suitcase/bergen for 2 years and thought "fuggit, I wasn't cut out for Uni anyway".
Joking aside, there's an awful lot of other squaddies with similar experiences, and can't help feeling there should be more help out there for them. If I was a convict, I would have been really well educated by now, and all for free.
Then you are wrong on 2 counts. S_N no longer serves - gone but not forgotten and he can still be seen dressed as a biker in any village people pop video.

Then he merely stated that the Sect used to be known as AISU. That means it's had a name change. As a hint, if you look at my previous post you should be able to work out what the first digit is of the Sects number..............

I'm trying to be nice but I've had a shit day and if you've been in long enough to know what AISU does then you should have a basic knowledge of the bde ORBAT.

Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Dontdreamit said:
If you mean:

Slightly_Nasty said:
Does OU count?
Paid for first year, but got sent to Iraq before I could complete it. Army refused to refund the course fees and said it was up to the OU to pay me back. OU refused to refund course fees and said it was the Army's responsibility.
Eventually, OU said I could do the same course again next year. I duly started it, then got posted to the Unit Formerly Known as AISU, lived out of a suitcase/bergen for 2 years and thought "fuggit, I wasn't cut out for Uni anyway".
Joking aside, there's an awful lot of other squaddies with similar experiences, and can't help feeling there should be more help out there for them. If I was a convict, I would have been really well educated by now, and all for free.
Then you are wrong on 2 counts. S_N no longer serves - gone but not forgotten and he can still be seen dressed as a biker in any village people pop video.

Then he merely stated that the Sect used to be known as AISU. That means it's had a name change. As a hint, if you look at my previous post you should be able to work out what the first digit is of the Sects number..............

I'm trying to be nice but I've had a shit day and if you've been in long enough to know what AISU does then you should have a basic knowledge of the bde ORBAT.
somebody got out of bed the wrong side this evening!

So u pedantic cnut

The name AISU gives some indication of thier role...

How does a numerical figure ie Bn followed by Coy give any indication what they do??

They could be any old section doing any number of jobs.

Blow me d1ckhead.

You mean the PPP that asks for approximate geo location and job role?

I don't remember any juniors getting to request an individual section.

WTF has that got to do with AISU renaming?

Dontdreamit said:
Blow me d1ckhead.

When you've been in long enough to a get a CR sonny, there is a box on the front saying which employment you'd like and another for your boss to say what he/she recommends you for.

This box can be as specific as you want, as can your OCs comments on your PPP. Although I'd suggest your boss recommends you for another capbadge.

I visited them a couple of months ago. Good bunch of guys.

Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Dontdreamit said:
Blow me d1ckhead.

When you've been in long enough to a get a CR sonny, there is a box on the front saying which employment you'd like and another for your boss to say what he/she recommends you for.

This box can be as specific as you want, as can your OCs comments on your PPP. Although I'd suggest your boss recommends you for another capbadge.
Well it's a good thing your suggestions don't matter. I am pretty sure asking if AISU is still around isn't a major failing in the Corps.

And I have recieved my first CR thanks. It was gleaming. Don't remember it saying PPP anywhere on it eagle eye.

Dontdreamit said:
Blow me d1ckhead.

the force is weak in this one...

i don't think you are as much of a chopper as op int & spy says, but the above make you look less worldly-wise than you might like.

(can't wait till you end up working for op int & spy lol)

Does AF1771 still hate me? :)

Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Dontdreamit said:
If you mean:

Slightly_Nasty said:
Does OU count?

Many would argue that he wasn't serving when he was actually collecting the "queen's shilling" 8O

Dontdreamit said:
Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Dontdreamit said:
Blow me d1ckhead.

Well it's a good thing your suggestions don't matter. I am pretty sure asking if AISU is still around isn't a major failing in the Corps.

And I have recieved my first CR thanks. It was gleaming. Don't remember it saying PPP anywhere on it eagle eye.
Don't feckin drag me into your little spat!

Altnough it has to be said, DDI, you do reek of being a little immature and inexperienced in these matters. I requested a specific section as a LCpl and Cpk and got them everytime. Nowadays, you youngsters get a list of what jobs are available in your posting window before you get to fill in your PPP, what luxury. Next time you receive your postings sheet, ask the CSM what the numbers mean.

Op Int & Spy, I am sure I know you, your little rants are right up my street. PM me sometime, I am positive we are old flat foots. Cales buddies.

Last time I checked inexperience was not a crime or a failing in the Army.

Clearly you left training with all the knowledge you have now.

And no one is dragging you into anything. I asked a simple question, I don't need a bunch of cntish replies from bitter old men hunched over their desks.

A simple - they are part of 2 MI Battalion would suffice.

Dontdreamit said:
Last time I checked inexperience was not a crime or a failing in the Army.

Clearly you left training with all the knowledge you have now.

And no one is dragging you into anything. I asked a simple question, I don't need a bunch of cntish replies from bitter old men hunched over their desks.

A simple - they are part of 2 MI Battalion would suffice.
You sound like a very bitter, twisted and angry young man. In this very PC world we live in can I suggest anger management visits at your local HIVE ??

DDI

Steady on Cowboy!

You might be a bitter old man hunched over a desk one day, yourself.

If your lucky, you might not have to live with the stigma of being a Janner as well

Latest Threads