Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by Dontdreamit, Sep 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. if you are a uk based civilian, apply to naafi, in uk there are always ..slots avail,,,if going onto the ,,german net,, without the ability to speak german you will find it hard,, again what field are you aimming for...
  2. there was an ad in metro the other day for naafi work - didn't pay very well - said based in paderborn, check their website there may be other jobs on there
  3. they are always after, shop -bar staff-payd watresses ect...the pay is tax free...
  4. J_D

J_D LE

Pop over to www.rearparty.co.uk , you may find a little more help over there. RP is a website dedicated to the spouse/family/friends of those serving. There are a few lasses that have been in the same boat as you and will have some useful advice about moving to Germany, there is also a board dedicated to German postings.

5. check out the airports - they always need fluent english in all jobs - but then again that could be a problem for you :D
  6. Dont even consider NAAFI, my experience of them was in general inept and incompetent vergeing on illegal practise at times. On the other hand they would at least get you over there to try and find something better, but the danger is in being a UKBC not a dependant, since dependants (ie wives/hubbies etc) have more chance of getting jobs than someone considered to be none dependant as I understand it, but I could be mistaken.
  7. What ever happened to the "its illegal to advertise jobs for dependents only" ruling that came out a few years ago.

Was it binned or just forgotten about/ignored? Or did they find a loop hole on security issues maybe?

Anyone know?
  8. Probably found themselves a loophole, given that most people who are likely to want to work 'on camp' are going to be dependants, and I think in the case of NAAFI staff trying to escape the issue of finding somewhere to live is likely to be a fairly important block.
  9. I thought that you'd have snapped that little monster up there Poopster.....you could wear your Pickelhaube all day and the locals wouldn't even bat an eye lid.
  10. The other option is an admin job in a University or research institution... some departments are officially English speaking. Might not be full time, but better than nowt.

Learning some German will obviously help. I recommended the Michel Thomas cds... he was a bit of a star in WWII as well!