Edited

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by its_been_emotional, May 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm in a similar situation, as my unit's annual camp has been arranged at the same time as a CMT course, which many of the CMTs in my unit will be on.

Bit of bad timing, but I'm sure it's all part of a larger picture that I don't get to see. :)

2. msr

msr LE

IBE,

I think you'll find JOTAC is a pre-requisite for promotion to Captain now.

msr

3. Cant think of a way round it? you mong??
    If you have ever done an annual camp you should know courses are far and away the better option, none of the 'fkcu around for the sake of it.

How about changing your job if you are that keen?

4. If your Annual Camps are as bad as all that then change Unit. And there's enough fcuking around on courses as well.

JOTAC isn't required for my cap badge but is definitely worth going on.

5. If your Annual Camps are as bad as all that then change Unit. And there's enough fcuking around on courses as well.

JOTAC isn't required for my cap badge but is definitely worth going on.

6. Seems a little extreme, just to get out of annual camp!

Still, there are I believe three views on unit annual camp-

1) "Tough and realistic training, really valuable stuff."

2) "Great piss up and I couldn't afford a real holiday. Where's the beach by the way?"

3) "What, a week on service writing?"

7. you could always sacrifice your annual leave!

8. I have actually used Annual Leave as I don't want to land my NHS colleagues in the brown stuff when I'm away and they have to cover.

9. I'd do a course over camp any day of the week, at least you learn something. Camps at my unit are shi*te !

10. Well at least you have option of course or camp. I've only got the summer hols when I can do a 2 week camp cos of working in a school. Annual camps are run in June or September for our bn and try finding ANY course which runs over August [btw if there are any, please let me know...lol].

Also, because my class 1 was cancelled last july (lack of numbers) when I was able to do it (just finished uni course), I've missed the boat and so promotional prospects are slim to none. I now get the pleasure of watching my counterparts being 2 ranks ahead of me in some cases, cos they got the right course at the right time. I now spend my 2 weeks doing clerical work at the TAC. Ok rant over. Just wanted to put my tuppence worth in.

Freebie xxx

11. I'm aware of the problem. Working in a school is a major nause, since your holidays are fixed, and fall on the periods that the Army at large is off too.

No chance of doing an attachment to a regular unit, a la Ex POND JUMP WEST?

12. so, what good courses are running in the last 2 weeks of July?

13. JOTACs running in the middle two weeks if you can move your holiday back.

14. annoyingly not.