Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Dontdreamit, Feb 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I fcukin love this show, shame they havnt made any new episodes :(
  2. I had the misfortune to watch Strutter on MTV. He is not funny, unless you think that ginger weasels dressing up and faking an American accent while shouting threats of violence is funny.

The threts are not even amusing. Ever wonder why it was only shown on MTV, for one series?
  3. :D nah, fecking very funny, you're just getting old
  4. getting?
  5. You're old, old, old! Strutter is a king amongst men, I want the Mike-ro-slave oven and Strutter ball from struttergear...you c0cksuckers!
  6. I concur - funny as fcuk. Just wish the "When Animals P1ss" vid was for real. Right up my street.
  7. Paul Kaye (Mike Strutter) is as funny as lung cancer. I find Benny Hill mildly more entertaining.
  8. Now....are we talking run of the mill lung cancer......or Jade "fatandthankfullynearlydead" Goodys lung cancer??
  9. The former. The latter is funnier than Monty Python, Black Adder, The Fast Show and Only Fools and Horses all rolled into one. :D
  10. Horses for courses. I think he is quite funny, but Alan Carr and Russell Brand are about as funny as a Gas Bill.
  11. Alan Carrs the faggot mincer isn't he?

I wouldn't get tired of chucking a used Pirelli around his neck then setting light to it.

The recent spate of 'comedians' seem to think shock and crudeness is all that is required to be funny. It aint. It has a novelty factor but gets tiresome very quickly. Especially when you don't actually have any material or comedic skills. The problem with half these fuckwits is they haven't done proper stand up to cut their teeth. They've just been 'discovered' by some Ch4 director of programming. Carr and Kaye have done stand up but not in the conventional sense meaning their routine hasn't stood the test from proper audiences. If they had, they certainly wouldn't be in the career they are now. They are definitely 'fringe acts' but are brought to us by people who like to introduce alternative alternatives. I suppose you can draw comparisons to the late 70s/early 80s when the likes of Ben Elton, Rik Mayall, Ade Edmondson crashed onto the scene due to the old school comics becoming unfunny. The difference is, those chaps have stood the test of time. I very much doubt we'll be lauding the comedic skills of Brand, Carr or Kaye in 20 or so years.
  12. Agreed. The current crop is pretty dire.

Marcus Brigstocke is quite witty.

The golden age of British stand up has fallen over.