Edited

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Dontdreamit, Jan 30, 2009.

?
  1. I always/often vote

79.4%
  2. I never/hardly ever vote

5.9%
  3. I write No Confidence on the ballot

2.9%
  4. What's the point in voting, nothing ever changes!

11.8%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is the phrase "Be careful what you wish for" apt for us? I think so with most of the electorate.

2. I will vote whatever gets rid of that cnut Brown
    However I do feel it is a wasted effort, no matter which of the leeches are in power they serve themselves and not the country.

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I'll vote, have voted. I don't like the system, and I hate the corruption, but I won't waste my vote. I do believe that by voting at all, you are merely voting in a variation of the same regime, and they all stink to some extent.

The regime needs to be changed - politics has got to be cleaned up, and that means prison sentences for those that bring our democracy into disrepute.

4. wot he said.

...... what this nation needs (UK Plc) is some serious reforms of the Gov Organisations and electorial system.

5. I always cast my vote, whether it is a local or a general election I would feel disrespectful to the generations of men and women who have fought and sacrificed for my right to do so freely if I didn't. If I feel apathetic toward the two major parties (the only votes that count IMO, as no other party will achieve the power to do things any differently) then I spoil my ballot paper. The democratic process is the only opportunity the majority of us have to influence the way this country is run. I feel it is your duty to do so.

Edited three times because I am a mong.

6. What's needed is for the comfortable system of patronage to cease and for potential MP's to face the masses, whether that happens at the ballot box or we take up arms on the streets of London is irrelevant. Personally I'd like to volunteer as Mr Browns nemesis.

I do always vote.

7. They want my vote? Then earn it.

You don't go into politics for altruism.

8. Nope, have not and will not vote.

9. ZaNuLabour scum took my vote off me as I have been outside of the country for too long for their liking.

10. So you have been out of the country for more than 15 years.

11. If you spoil your ballot paper then you haven't voted. Though I understand the frustration WE ABSOLUTELY DO owe it to previous generations to make our votes heard even if, ultimately, our choice of candidate isnt likely to be the winner.

12. If I don't vote I forfeit my right to bitch about the outcome.

13. Yep

The other problem is of course trust. The courts recently stated that a party's election manifesto is not binding. How can the public actually trust anything any of them say?

In the past I have seen them complaining about the electorate being cynical, yet at the same time absolutely refuse to accept that it is their own conduct that led to such a low opinion of them and their trustworthiness.

Without going down a list of all the lies that ZaNuLabour have produced since a minority of the population voted them into power, there is no real reason to believe that any of the other parties will not turn out to be just as corrupt. Lying is a form of corruption when it is done deliberately and I believe that the current government lies in an organised and specific way. They call it spin.

The aim of government is to retain power and all its trappings. The people count for nothing, until it is time to make false promises or offer a quick bribe at election time.