Edited

Sorry old bean - Combat Int not my cup of tea !

Once Ad Astra can find his password no doubt he will give you a complete `DS` answer :p

Have you tried looking under the mousemat / colon paste?

Shippams just think of everything don't they

I used to work on 50%>30% - the unit was defeated and would probably be withdrawn.
Below 30% the unit was destroyed and posed little threat.

Never really counted disabled.

However, there wouldn't be table in the back of the pink pillow as a Tk Bn losing most of its CS/CSS equipment might drop its CE%, but it might reatin a large percentage of its armour, thereby remaining CE for a period.

You have to calculate the numbersof eqpt holdings and then do the maths...

Howayman said:
I used to work on 50%>30% - the unit was defeated and would probably be withdrawn.
Below 30% the unit was destroyed and posed little threat.

Never really counted disabled.

However, there wouldn't be table in the back of the pink pillow as a Tk Bn losing most of its CS/CSS equipment might drop its CE%, but it might reatin a large percentage of its armour, thereby remaining CE for a period.

You have to calculate the numbersof eqpt holdings and then do the maths...
YAWN ! The above is why I like coffee !

Mr Biggles - did not take you too long did it ?

Still resting Mr Marsh? What about your OU?

How is your alternative, alternative, alternative, alternative alternative, alternative, alternative ICAREC website coming along? I see that your nearest competitor website is up to 67.5 members including 13 operatives and 42 from 5 MI (V) who certainly will NOT have anything to do with those Southern nonces.

So reassuring to see that constant review and regrading is so deeply embedded in your collective ethos. Now about this new TIGER WATCH / SIPE / ATAV / THREAT! magazine / MI concept......maybe a re-titling parade for the successor of the Marsh Reconnaissance Force? Perhaps a new French Green pullover, side hat or the Joint Service 6 AI Coy cravat. Certainly one to watch at the AoC's next visit. 8O

A quick time-and-motion study, an MBA and new TRFs all round!
All we need to do now is to decide where to fasten out stable belts. Let's form a committee: side ? centre? side? centre? side? centre?

are we nearly there???

Look out Ginger....Restructuring at three O'Clock!
Tally Ho !!

Actually, even I laughed at your post above Biggles well done !
4 weeks ago you would have had me in stitches - or out of them !

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
having actually met adasstra, i can only say that "Wobbles" would be a more appropriate nickname than "Biggles" ;)
Pot- Kettle: say again all after "having met"
IIRC shouting "Wnaker !" out the window of my Astra Estate on Brecon High street barely qualifies as "having met"

Otherwise that ties you down to one of the hooded men at my initiation ceremony then Brother?...

adastra said:

How is your alternative, alternative, alternative, alternative alternative, alternative, alternative ICAREC website coming along? I see that your nearest competitor website is up to 67.5 members including 13 operatives and 42 from 5 MI (V) who certainly will NOT have anything to do with those Southern nonces.

So reassuring to see that constant review and regrading is so deeply embedded in your collective ethos. Now about this new TIGER WATCH / SIPE / ATAV / THREAT! magazine / MI concept......maybe a re-titling parade for the successor of the Marsh Reconnaissance Force? Perhaps a new French Green pullover, side hat or the Joint Service 6 AI Coy cravat. Certainly one to watch at the AoC's next visit. 8O

All we need to do now is to decide where to fasten out stable belts. Let's form a committee: side ? centre? side? centre? side? centre?

are we nearly there???

Tally Ho !!
Thats actually quite funny.

eye_spy said:
adastra said:

are we nearly there???

Tally Ho !!
Thats actually quite funny.
THANKYOU ! :twisted:

adastra said:

are we nearly there???

Tally Ho !!
FLANGE

Dontdreamit said:
Neither the pink pillow or the EB Box seems to contain the percentages of CE for a Genforce unit disabled / destroyed etc etc.

Does anyone have these to hand?

My Land Comp Handbook does not have them either before anyone suggests it.

A PM would do - Much appreciated.
Am I the only person from the Corps that's never covered genforce? I had no idea what any of that meant.

snothead said:
Dontdreamit said:
Neither the pink pillow or the EB Box seems to contain the percentages of CE for a Genforce unit disabled / destroyed etc etc.

Am I the only person from the Corps that's never covered genforce? I had no idea what any of that meant.
I have never covered it either but that is because I left over a decade ago, but I assumed it was the same as working out the Combat Effectiveness of any soviet unit and relative force ratios that used to go on in my day. I am sure I will be severely corrected if my assumption is wrong!

snothead said:
Dontdreamit said:

It's easy, honest. GENFOR Mk 1 was 3 Shock Army for the post Cold War era, simplified a bit - ie Divs made up of all arms Regts. Then came GENFOR Mobile which is what the Russians would like to do if they could afford it - Bdes made up of all arms Bns, again simplified. Then more recently GENFOR gets binned and GENFOR Mobile is renamed GENFOR as Divs are soooooo 20th Century dahling ..... (Despite the large number still out there, but I digress)

It's simplified relative to reality to reduce the learning overhead so training can concentrate on the skills necessary, rather than a laundry list of kit. We don't possess the kit to fight a high intensity war at the moment so there's not much point training overly hard for one. After all, the latest announcement by the MoD is that if we pull out of AFG and Iraq today we can be ready for LSDI by 2016.

There's probably a bit more to the story, but sprinkle your favourite buzzwords heavily on top and you're most of the way to the official explanation.

One_of_the_strange said:
snothead said:
Dontdreamit said:

It's easy, honest. GENFOR Mk 1 was 3 Shock Army for the post Cold War era, simplified a bit - ie Divs made up of all arms Regts. Then came GENFOR Mobile which is what the Russians would like to do if they could afford it - Bdes made up of all arms Bns, again simplified. Then more recently GENFOR gets binned and GENFOR Mobile is renamed GENFOR as Divs are soooooo 20th Century dahling ..... (Despite the large number still out there, but I digress)

It's simplified relative to reality to reduce the learning overhead so training can concentrate on the skills necessary, rather than a laundry list of kit. We don't possess the kit to fight a high intensity war at the moment so there's not much point training overly hard for one. After all, the latest announcement by the MoD is that if we pull out of AFG and Iraq today we can be ready for LSDI by 2016.

There's probably a bit more to the story, but sprinkle your favourite buzzwords heavily on top and you're most of the way to the official explanation.
It was a heavy night last night, but what does LSDI mean?

252_me said:
One_of_the_strange said:
snothead said:
Dontdreamit said:

It was a heavy night last night, but what does LSDI mean?
Large Scale Deliberate Intervention - ie get a full all arms Div together and go and kick someone's teeth in with support to appropriate levels from RAF and RN. That's not the official definition verbatim by the wya.