Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Private_Pike, Feb 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Probably the wrong forum, but does anyone know of a decent hotel in Edinburgh that I can take Mrs. Pike to for a short break.
  2. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Roxburghe Hotel
    Charlotte Square.

Very nice, has a pool as well.
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Pte P - obviously there are literally dozens of hotels in Edinburgh and it all depends on how much you want to spend.

There are lots of very good and reasonably proiced hotels and a quite Google will bring them up. If you want to be a bit special there are certainly hotels such as the Balmoral, Caledonian, Sheraton in which you can splash out and get the full monty - but it will cost.

Most hotels will do weekend and mid-week break deals so phone around a few to get the best deal for yourself.

You might want to check out the theatres for the time you are in Embra as there are often very good shows on. The main theatres are The Payhouse, Kings, Festival and Lyceum but there are others and you may just see something you like.

As to eating out, there is such a choice that it would take forever to list them and again it depends on your budget.

Start off with the Edinburgh Tourist Board.

I hope you have a great stay.

p.s. You should have been here on Saturday last - you would have enjoyed the atmosphere if not the result.
  4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Auld Yin has a point. It depends on your budget mate; The Apex in the Grassmarket is reasonable and very central but so is the Sheraton in Festival Square (more pricey) If all you're looking for is a bed then the Carlton on the North Bridge is well worth a look.

Edit: PM me if you like and I'll check the local papers for offers.
  5. You can sleep on my floor for a tenner! Mrs Pike can share my bed
  6. If you want really flash, try here:

Glasshouse hotel, very swish, a bit pricey, nice and central.

Mrs R_T loved it!
  7. And its salt and sauce on your fish and chips
  8. The Radisson is right on the Royal Mile, and close to the bridge across to Princes Street. Very nice - large rooms, fluffy dressing gowns, good breakfast. Mrs Manninagh and I had a very nice mucky weekend there.
    And it has a car park.
  9. the Royal Scots Club is lovely
  10. The Prestonfield is very good. Not cheap but it is in its own grounds and therer are peacocks wandering aroung,and Highland Cattle in the fields.

11. Trvel Lodge at St Marys - central for most things, £55 a double room and free parking. Not luxury but comfortable at the ed of the day a bed is a bed.
  12. For god sakes don't go up there the first weekend in April, all the Jambos will be in tears over their more flamboyant, more skilled and better looking neighbours giving them a royal humping in the cup, isn't that right AY :lol:
  13. If you rreally want to impress, then take her to "Gravediggers" for happy hour on Fridays!