• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Edinburgh to Glasgow on a bike?

Morning All

Does anyone know of a cycle route from Edinburgh to Glasgow? Has anyone here ever done it? Tips etc...

Thanks and regards

oldbaldy

LE
Haven't done it but there is more than one route.
Forth clyde canal towpath is one.
Antonine wall foot/cyclepath is another
Have a look at the Sustrans map
Sustrans

I was also looking for first hand experience, not just a bit of google!

For example, I dont want to get Airdre and then get jumped by a bunch of ASBO Buckfast drinkng scum with nothing better to do!

Along the union canal towpath , about 75 miles, flat (Obviously as its a canal) and pretty decent ground. Does go through Falkirk though but odds are you won't get raped/murdered/made to dance

Galileo82 said:

For example, I dont want to get Airdre and then get jumped by a bunch of ASBO Buckfast drinkng scum with nothing better to do!
Best stay in Edinburgh then.........

oldbaldy

LE
Galileo82 said:

But then again from Airdrie to Bathgate the cycle route follows the old railway line, so quite a pleasant ride :)

Latest Threads