Edinburgh Military Tattoo BBC1 now Sat 17.50

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Gremlin, Aug 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

2. An outstanding event that is recommended for all age groups.

Managed to get tickets last year off ebay the same day as the event but this year they were too pricey and normally in multiples of 6 tickets per transaction. They normally go on sale at some ridiculous time of the year like January. If you've never been, you should!
  3. Been there, watched that... got the goose pimples as the Last Post was played. Well worth going to see.

Edited 'cos my keyboard is bollox
  4. Nothing short of fantastic.... not so sure about the Kiwi's and Swan Lake.... more effort require on the Jumps :)
  5. daz

daz LE

Hang on, what about taking the p.iss with elton john's lion king theme????

WTF is that all about :? :? :? :? :?

6. Not wishing to moan.......

Tuned in to be astounded by this 'biggest massing of pipes in britain' bit, and was rather, well, disappointed.

The history of the Jocks thing was reasonable, but I have to say, Highland Cathedral was arranged rather effeminately. Highland Cathedral should assault the senses, and those twizzly bits spoil it.
  7. Swiss secret Army Drum Band for me......amazing
  8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Superb effort by all there.

Must admit I had a dampish eye as the history of the regiments was recalled. I hope the Prince of Darkness understood the two fingers being raised in his general direction.

I wonder if there will be enough Pipers and Drumers left to stage it again next year, under a new producer?
  9. Fantastic, really fine stirring stuff.

Didn't understand the Lion king bit. What was the point?

Felt rather alot of anger towards Bliar and co. during the Regiments history part, Politicians decimating the fine regiments of Scotland and the British Army. Barst*rds the lot of 'em, Royal Regiment of Scotland Indeed.
  10. What baffled me was the Ugnadan AIDS orphans. How exactly do they have a military connection? 8O