Edinburgh Military Tatoo

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by spike7451, Aug 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

25/08/08 BBC1 tonight at 1830Hrs,The Edingburgh Military Tatoo.
    Get it while it's hot! Before the Gobmunt decide to send that the way of the Royal Tournament!!!

2. I'll be watching it again this year. Pity im not in the Castle watching it.

3. Was lucky enough to get up to Edinburgh to see it this year. Absolutely brilliant. Will be watching it on tv again though :)

4. Saw it "live" for the first time this year.

It was absolutely fantastic.

Myself and family N_W went on the 5 AUG. The weather was far far better
    than we were braced for. Nice night, Castle looked amazing and the show was
    superb.

I felt sorry for the folk who had tickets for the rest of the week.

It absolutely pissed down with rain for the remainder of that week. :D

Cheers N_W.

5. It's the performers you should feel sorry for, Trying to get their uniform dry for the next night, They don't even get their Rum ration on wet nights any more. And all for £2.50 (IIRC) per performance.

It is an amazing show though

6. Tell me about it! I was on it a couple of years back, the most expensive month I ever did. On the piss every night without exception, fcuking great!

They shift the meal timings at Redford Bks back by two or three hours to allow for everyone being out on the town half the night! And the highland dancing girls are very friendly ie. fcuking slaaaaags....

7. I used to do it almost every year, my bank manager actually called me in to try and understand why i was in the black all through the year but then come August i would blow all Savings, max credit cards and exceed my overdraft all in 4 weeks.
    Ah Highland Dancers, the Mammeries.......... Sorry memories

8. On BBC 1 ....... started 15 minutes ago.