Edinburgh Military Tatoo

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by fairy_nuff, Aug 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WTF? I don't remember it being so musical in past years or is this just the BBC's cutting? Crap commentary too IMHO

2. I've seen more school kids than military. Beginning to think I'd accidentally turned over. :-(

3. Norgie gun-swingers and some Swiss drummers? Same ol' same ol' then? A bit like the Red Sheds turning up at an airshow: guaranteed. The Tattoo needs some fresh foreign input - because we can't afford owt. Have the Indian Army ever partaken? They should. They really should. Get the Assam Rifles P&Ds over for next year.

4. I like the bit at the end where they all march out the gate apart from that prehaps it's time to call it a day and put the money elsewhere?

5. be careful what you wish for... Rayc could be in command of them!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Had to switch over - Highland Fcuking Cathedral ......... aaaaaaaaaarrgh

• Like Like x 1
  7. I've only just tuned in & Sounds like Paul Young who also does the fishing programmes..

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

They can certainly drop the word "military" from the title.

9. Lots of flag waving school kids, what happened to the Guards massed bands, even the REME band would be better then this tripe. Now its James bond WTF.

10. LODBOL - more Civy than Military, no Royal Artillery Horse Drive. Absolutely dire it just shows the state of the Armed Forces today. The only surprise is that G4s didn't have a f@@@ing band !

• Like Like x 1
  11. I walked out of the room when the Aussies started prancing about.

12. Second year running where it's been dire. I

13. Used to be full of Military stuff, RN Gun Run. Band of the Parachute Regiment etc, etc. Used to be on for about 3 hours ! There used to be a massive Military Tattoo in Aldershot (The Original Home of the British Army) but that died a death in the late 70s early 80s.

Would the last Military Band / Section to 'parade' there please make sure the lights are off and the bins are emptied. Thank you.

14. They do:

G4S Band

15. Did one of the crab trumpet pumped have a SA medal?