Edinburgh Military Tatoo

Norgie gun-swingers and some Swiss drummers? Same ol' same ol' then? A bit like the Red Sheds turning up at an airshow: guaranteed. The Tattoo needs some fresh foreign input - because we can't afford owt. Have the Indian Army ever partaken? They should. They really should. Get the Assam Rifles P&Ds over for next year.

S

syledis

Norgie gun-swingers and some Swiss drummers? Same ol' same ol' then? A bit like the Red Sheds turning up at an airshow: guaranteed. The Tattoo needs some fresh foreign input - because we can't afford owt. Have the Indian Army ever partaken? They should. They really should. Get the Assam Rifles P&Ds over for next year.
be careful what you wish for... Rayc could be in command of them!

WTF? I don't remember it being so musical in past years or is this just the BBC's cutting? Crap commentary too IMHO
I've only just tuned in & Sounds like Paul Young who also does the fishing programmes..

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
They can certainly drop the word "military" from the title.

Lots of flag waving school kids, what happened to the Guards massed bands, even the REME band would be better then this tripe. Now its James bond WTF.

They can certainly drop the word "military" from the title.
LODBOL - more Civy than Military, no Royal Artillery Horse Drive. Absolutely dire it just shows the state of the Armed Forces today. The only surprise is that G4s didn't have a f@@@ing band !

Used to be full of Military stuff, RN Gun Run. Band of the Parachute Regiment etc, etc. Used to be on for about 3 hours ! There used to be a massive Military Tattoo in Aldershot (The Original Home of the British Army) but that died a death in the late 70s early 80s.

Would the last Military Band / Section to 'parade' there please make sure the lights are off and the bins are emptied. Thank you.

I loved the Bagpipes, always stirring and the military bit is always tops.
Apparently G4S have lost a lot of Security kit from the Olympics

The tune average (jingle done as a 'patrol') is OK in itself - it's just that everyone feels they have to play it, everywhere, every time. For that reason, it would have made a most appropriate National Anthem for the Porridge Wogs.

Bet there was some Disney sponsorship for boosting 'Brave'

Poorly cut by the BBC. Try to get as much in that satisfys the average Radio2/4 type person. But I do feel the orgainsers need to look to the present day military or are we so stretched that we cant even get there. No motrocycle display teams? No dogs displays? No PT wallahs leaping over stuff? No piss poor Navy assault on a bit of cardboard? Where is the abseiling down the castle display? Couldn't even have a massed pipe band if it wasn't for foreigners and school children. Yep dissapointed.

When I was a pup I remember watching from the searchlights behind the VIP box and we had snatch landrovers crashing over through the castle gate and bursts of 25 on the GMPG, made you proud to be part of the Empire. And then at the end the Colour party came out and the lone piper did his stuff from the battlements. Now its like a badly put together musical compilation.