Edinburgh Memorial Parade today

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by I_need_a_HERO, Jun 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From BBC News

As a boring suit-wearing type who works five minutes away from the Royal Mile I was exceptionally annoyed to miss this today.

With the current fever for more appreciation of the Armed Forces in broader society, why is knowledge of these events not more widely distributed? I appreciate there is a concern that parades could be targeted etc, but isn't there some kind of middle ground regarding advertising?

What do the powers that be prefer: Is it posh burds from George-Heriots lusting after Lieutenant Wales at lunchtime on their way to Greggs; or is it the genuine appreciation of the civilian workforce?

I’m obviously very glad to see troops on the street, but if people have to stumble upon a parade such as this doesn’t it defeat the point of having it in the first place? Appreciate your views.
  2. There was advance coverage in this morning's Scotsman, but I appreciate that this was not in time for you. Not sure what other notice was, but I was aware it was coming up. Sorry you missed the chance to support.

Good to see that Danish, Czech and US representatives were quite rightly invited.