Edinburgh Festival ....... ArRSe Productions?

This morning I have awake some what confused as to what happened last night. I was not drunk, yet I have that same feeling of "I can't believe I did that". I feel some what violated, yet I'm still trying to work out if it was a bad violation. While walking down the Royal Mile I was approached by an "actor" handing out flyer's for his show "Achtung! Pal - THE ONLY NAZI ROM COM MUSICAL YOU NEED TO SEE THIS SUMMER!".
It was set in 1943 Dundee, the Nazi's had won the war and it was meant to be a mix of Black Adder, Allo'Allo and the Mighty Boosh.
"Nazi's?" I enquired
"Oh, It's all in good taste not offensive! Honest G'uv!"
"Shame, some thing really offencive would have gone down a treat"

Anyway the flier looked good and for £7.50 a ticket it should have been a good show. So off we went to see the show (killing time before Mike McIntyre's midnight show).

Fuck me side ways with a fish fork, the acting was so bad it was like watch a car wreck. It was so bad it was almost good. :D

This all got me thinking, since half the stuff on at the Festival is pish are we missing a trick? Could Arrse produce the most offensive play known to civilisation, put it on the Fringe Fest and rack in pots of cash? If a bunch of students can put on a crap play, why can't we!

If a bunch of students can put on a crap play, why can't we!
Because mate, you try to get a group of Arrsers down the Royal Mile and doing a show all in orderly manner and you'd be on a losing battle.
You have to drag them out of the pub, stop them molesting the tourists, get them away from a street corner where they'd be begging for "10p for a bottle of Buckfast", stripping in the street and calling it art and making a general nuisance of themselves.

Good luck though :wink:

No sympathy at all for you, Anyone stupid enough to go to a festival show deserves everything they get.
Please tell me you're not Scottish.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Why not? If civvies can come up with a cracking play about the Black Watch then why can't arrsers come up with a play about civvies seen from a squaddies viewpoint?

Should be some choice lines in there.

Director - Aunty Stella (good for the dramatic moment)
Authors - Mistersoft and Auld Sapper
Floor Managers - Part Time Pongo & Scaryspice (good at bossy boots stuff)
Cast - up to you lot.

buggrit said:
If a bunch of students can put on a crap play, why can't we!
Because mate, you try to get a group of Arrsers down the Royal Mile and doing a show all in orderly manner and you'd be on a losing battle.
You have to drag them out of the pub, stop them molesting the tourists, get them away from a street corner where they'd be begging for "10p for a bottle of Buckfast", stripping in the street and calling it art and making a general nuisance of themselves.

Good luck though :wink:
Thats not a bad plot out line!

vandyke said:
No sympathy at all for you, Anyone stupid enough to go to a festival show deserves everything they get.
Please tell me you're not Scottish.
I could tell you I'm not Scottish but I'd be telling porky pies :D

I thought all scots had learnt to avoid the toon during festival time, used to do the Tattoo every year and hated the extra £1 on my pint and all the Hippies/students/arty f*ckers

vandyke said:
I thought all scots had learnt to avoid the toon during festival time, used to do the Tattoo every year and hated the extra £1 on my pint and all the Hippies/students/arty f*ckers
It's the first time I've been in town at the same time as the festival in over ten years. I love all the street performers but the cheaky cvnts keep asking for £5 - £10 a pop from audience!!!!!!!!!!!!