Edinburgh Festival ....... ArRSe Productions?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by LordVonHarley, Aug 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This morning I have awake some what confused as to what happened last night. I was not drunk, yet I have that same feeling of "I can't believe I did that". I feel some what violated, yet I'm still trying to work out if it was a bad violation. While walking down the Royal Mile I was approached by an "actor" handing out flyer's for his show "Achtung! Pal - THE ONLY NAZI ROM COM MUSICAL YOU NEED TO SEE THIS SUMMER!".
    It was set in 1943 Dundee, the Nazi's had won the war and it was meant to be a mix of Black Adder, Allo'Allo and the Mighty Boosh.
    "Nazi's?" I enquired
    "Oh, It's all in good taste not offensive! Honest G'uv!"
    "Shame, some thing really offencive would have gone down a treat"

Anyway the flier looked good and for £7.50 a ticket it should have been a good show. So off we went to see the show (killing time before Mike McIntyre's midnight show).

Fuck me side ways with a fish fork, the acting was so bad it was like watch a car wreck. It was so bad it was almost good. :D

This all got me thinking, since half the stuff on at the Festival is pish are we missing a trick? Could Arrse produce the most offensive play known to civilisation, put it on the Fringe Fest and rack in pots of cash? If a bunch of students can put on a crap play, why can't we!
  2. Because mate, you try to get a group of Arrsers down the Royal Mile and doing a show all in orderly manner and you'd be on a losing battle.
    You have to drag them out of the pub, stop them molesting the tourists, get them away from a street corner where they'd be begging for "10p for a bottle of Buckfast", stripping in the street and calling it art and making a general nuisance of themselves.

Good luck though :wink:
  3. No sympathy at all for you, Anyone stupid enough to go to a festival show deserves everything they get.
    Please tell me you're not Scottish.
  4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Why not? If civvies can come up with a cracking play about the Black Watch then why can't arrsers come up with a play about civvies seen from a squaddies viewpoint?

Should be some choice lines in there.

Director - Aunty Stella (good for the dramatic moment)
    Authors - Mistersoft and Auld Sapper
    Floor Managers - Part Time Pongo & Scaryspice (good at bossy boots stuff)
    Cast - up to you lot.
  5. Thats not a bad plot out line!
  6. I could tell you I'm not Scottish but I'd be telling porky pies :D
  7. I thought all scots had learnt to avoid the toon during festival time, used to do the Tattoo every year and hated the extra £1 on my pint and all the Hippies/students/arty f*ckers
  8. It's the first time I've been in town at the same time as the festival in over ten years. I love all the street performers but the cheaky cvnts keep asking for £5 - £10 a pop from audience!!!!!!!!!!!!