Eden camp museum, Malton, North Yorks

Anybody been here? It’s on one of the leaflets at a place I’m at at moment. Might take a look. All reviews online seem good but I’d appreciate reviews from people on here, if anybody’s been.

Ta.

It’s a good place to spend an afternoon.

Some interesting displays and descriptions of the German prisoners and what they did.

I don’t think many (or any) of them tried to escape and a few stayed after the war and started families locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a good place to spend an afternoon.

Some interesting displays and descriptions of the German prisoners and what they did.

I don’t think many (or any) of them tried to escape and a few stayed after the war and started families locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was built by Italian POWs apparently. Wonder if the souvenir shop sells authentic white flags..

Anybody been here? It’s on one of the leaflets at a place I’m at at moment. Might take a look. All reviews online seem good but I’d appreciate reviews from people on here, if anybody’s been.

Ta.
Well worth the money for a visit.

There's even a mock up of a U-boat for you to get all nautical in. And a chariot but.

It's an interesting place, good for a few hours wander but, whilst the method of display using one hut per theme is good there is a tired air to the camp.

Ta.
I went there at the start of last year. Here's some thoughts on the place:

philc

LE
Cant say I have been, however if in the area you could consider these as well.

ches

LE
It's an interesting place, good for a few hours wander but, whilst the method of display using one hut per theme is good there is a tired air to the camp.
Agree with this, I visited about 9 or 10 years ago & it was tired looking then but there some really interesting exhibits. My lass at the time took ages to read every fooking description - so the info is pretty in depth.

Eden Camp is worth a wander around, as Listy said you can fly around quickly but you’ll miss a lot. There is a Cafe there NAAFI, foods not bad and wasn’t priced stupidly.
Elvington as said is also worth a visit. The Halifax, Friday the 13th is very impressive, considering where all the parts came from.

Been to Eden Camp twice. The first time was just after it opened and I was very impressed.

The second time was for the All-Services Parade about 10 years ago where I found a bunch of old mates who I hadn't seen for 20 odd years. On that occasion, entry was free to Yorkshire Volunteers so I put my old regimental tie on.

Ta.
Decent day out, was a good while back but enjoyed it. Plenty stuff to see.

God I haven't been there in 20 years! Taking me back to my childhood...

Latest Threads