Eddie Stobart

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by PISX_STAINED_PANTS, Mar 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Eddie Stobart died today aged 56 yrs

2. It is a sad day when anybody passes but I work for a Transport Company which is about the same size as Stobarts, the difference is that we don't insist that our Drivers dress like Leprachauns and we are not backed by anybody.
    Eddie actually stood down from running the Company a number of years ago, although the name was retained along with the naming of the Trucks after Females and I must agree that their Trucks/Trailers are kept in very clean external condition, I also know their Pay Scales (we employ a few of their ex's) and I am not impressed to say the least.
    This is not a post against Eddie(RIP) I actually met him many years ago in Crick Truckstop when he walked in and paid for all his Drivers meals, not bad when a multi-millionaire sits down and enjoys Egg, Chips and Beans with his Drivers.
    This business that we are part of is, shall we say, "extremely competitive" and there is no Company more competitive than Stobarts, read into that what you will!

There again, the company is very famous and there are hordes of Stobart Spotters out there, especially the guy who drives a Reliant Robin painted in Stobart colours.
    I am not here to mock these wierdos, just to take the pish.

3. A very sad day indeed.

4. Sad day. I know some who play: Eddie Stobart -v- Norbert Dentressangle on long journeys.

Anyone know if there a Norbert D?

5. Isn't it ironic his life was restricted to 56! :)

• Like Like x 14
  6. May i borrow that? Possibly the funniest post on here ever?

His funeral cortege will feature 250 vehicles. The hearse and 249 cars trying to get past...

• Like Like x 1
  7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

That could lead to heart problems in later life

Lets hope he's buried in the manor he ran his business

He gets the Co Op in to do the job
    He then undercuts there rates and puts them out of business
    He runs at a loss then puts his rates through the roof ad loses the contracts
    On the verge of bankruptcy he flogs the lot to a mate and his briother

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rumour has it he was making a film about the transport industry. With his passing (at 56) all we are left with is a "trailer"

• Like Like x 1
  9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

C5 must be wetting themselves with excitment
    They are filming the second part of there transport comedy fest about the company
    Nothing like a good death to spice it up

Wonder if they can ship Peter Falk in for the ending

10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Makes a change to see a trucking related death that does not involve a northern tart getting her head stoved in with a ball hammer....

11. Really, I like to play the game "try to fill the lay-bye Lil" once convoy cock sets in, thats usually just after the third set of lights on the B1.

I assume your game is similar but involves gay Belgian truck drivers dressed as leprechauns.

12. The ultimate restricter[sp]. Agree 56 is no life, my own father died at 56 from cancer.
    Proves the critics wrong ES "did" have a heart after all.

CG

13. Mais oui! Wiki est votre ami!

UK ND Web Site:
    and from elsewhere
    Personally, I think it's a front - He's one of the main characters from the Real Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and is closely related to Slartibartfast and Ford Prefect (through his cousin Renault Megane).

14. Poor man, 56, and none of your life spent in the fast lane.

Never mind there will be another one along in a while