Eddie Murphy "Raw"

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by foggy_balla, Feb 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just sat and watched Eddie Murphy doing his stand up thing (from TWENTY years ago - 1987!) and laughed out loud. It's been years since I last saw it, and yet I don't remember it being that funny. Is it because I'm easily pleased as I get older, or something to do with how different it is from the standard politically correct comedy fodder these days?

2. Jesus H... is it that long ago???? No I feel even older damm you
    Yes funny as, still is IMHO but what do I know?

3. watched a couple of years back seriouskly funny.... but Al Murray is funnier!!

4. Foggy balla, I'd forgot about RAW! Fcuking' briliant. I remember watching it over and over again on videa while on a long course in the late 80s. Eddie looked pretty cool in that lilac/blue leather set up! No one dare wear it today!

"Mummy, I got a welfare burger".......

5. Nothing personal, but is he f*ck. His TV show is crap. Now, RAW is one of the funniest stage acts going. The bit about Mr T was hillarious.

6. Funny even now and some material still seems current, both Delerious and Raw are works of comic genious!

"How am i gonna get him back how am i gonna mate him pay??

HALF!!

Im gonna take half his shit!"

"Dont mess with Ed or you be dead!"

Quality!

troop

7. his show is but his stand up isnt... admittedly he uses plenty of his stand up on the show but its forced on the show and loses most the humour

8. I feckin love it its comedy at its best!!

Also i love Richard Pryor(god rest his soul) live in concert its so feckin funny, infact i think ill watch it now!!!

9. Absolutely great stuff.

Was it wrong to make all the Italian jokes when we went to see the latest Rocky movie?

10. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

The story of the home made spherical burger was brilliant.

Anotherone not to miss is Robin Williams, Live at the Met.

Red White Blue, Red White Blue.....

if you have seen it you will know what I mean :)

11. Nah delirious is the funniest.

"Eeeoooooowwww" Thats a genuine james brown lyric

"Shiminu n all the people say, hyah"

12. I love both Delirious and Raw. Eddie Murphy's standup is brilliant, but it wasn't until I started watching/listening to Richard Pryor that I realised how much Murphy styled his act on Pryor. But still funny as f***.

13. she a muddafcuking bigfoot gus what the fcuk is gunnie goo goo? top vids still enjoy watching that stand up!

14. first time I saw Delirious was as a 18 year old getting my first tattoo... I walked away with a rather fetching wobble in the tat's outline after I and the tattooist started pishing ourselves at the delicious ice cream line...