Eddie Izzard, legend or what?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ord_Sgt, Mar 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I've always been a fan of his comedy, dresses not withstanding, anybody who can run 43 marathons is deserving of respect.

There is a bit in his documentary where he expresses his admiration and wish to be part of the military. Could he have made it, most of us would be eating his dust cloud?

Has there ever been a nutter amongst us who has ever run 43 marathons consecutively?

2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Pah, when he's done it in a pair of sling backs then and only then will I respect him.

Cake or death?

3. Was annoyed that I missed the BBC documentry about his completely insane challenge...I hope to catch it again at some point on BBC3.

But I agree...he is a legend

4. As a mere mortal, I have got to say trannie or not there are many thousands of people who could not emulate him at all.

Not many people can run all those marathons with the lack of training he had, or the balls to keep going despite the odds

5. He is to comedy what Man U is to football. One either loves or dislikes him/them. I find him unfunny but the marathon bit takes some doing.

6. I've always thought he was a bit of a c0ck but that was fairly impressive. I'd say it was a truely amasing effort on his part however naturally I have done 44 and in DMS boots. All at night whilst in Three Romeo... in Fiji.

7. Much respect to the marathons, I was f*cked after 4 days at the Nijmegan Marches.

The documentary was pretty good as well.

His last marathon was 5 hrs 30 Secs and he had to wait for 20 mins for is camera crew to catch up with him. He was gutted he didn’t break 5 hours

Quality achievement

Edited because I am a knob :oops: (and Bovvy is correct)

8. It sure does - what do you think of this guy?

Linky

9. Do you have access to BBC iPlayer?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00m3z1f

It's worth watching the first 3 (full) episodes rather than just the hghlights in episode 4.

It was sheer determination. Amazing! Eddie IZ a legend.

EDIT: @ CAARPS: It was 5 hours 30 seconds.

10. msr

msr LE

Has Tropper hijacked your account?

11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Oh I don't know, I couldn't give a monkeys chuff about Man United, but Eddie Izzard is without doubt funny, in several languages by all accounts too, no mean feat.

12. Brilliant effort! Support staff on a rickshaw and an Ice Cream Van - Mad as a box of frogs.

I did think it was a bit jack putting the finishing tape at the top of a load of steps :)

Well worth IPlayering.

13. There, fixed that for you (footie supporters.... !!??.............................. sorry for the delay but I was trying to find a 'Thick Divot Football Supporter' smiley, but couldn't find one. Football is BORING, a game to entertain the small brained, small penised, need too get a life, but couldn't if they tried, pond life. Comedy is different, it involves wit, timing, and a whole lot of other higher brain functions that are well beyond the reach of the vast majority of football supporters and for a gall darn rootin tootin certainty, are well outwith the reach of those fuckwits you supporters pay shit loads of money to see (players for the really dim amongst you). Feck off and waste yer money watching football and buying stupidly priced shirts (yes, you know what I mean) and leave the guys who have the real talent and bottle to do stand up and be measured in that arena rather than your over paid poofs !!! Hah, stick that in yur fecking pipe and smoke it !!!!!

Edited to add...all the above re comedy obviously excludes Ricky Jervase (or whatever) and the Office....comedy is supposed to be funny !!!.....hands up here who liked the Office AND thought it was funny.......go on......go on........Nah, thought so, what a pile of shite, I'd rather watch football....more comedy content.

14. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

[​IMG]

15. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I know, fiji is shit, and full of half arsed revolutionaries, in dresses, they shoot like shit as well, then come over all sorry when the bad boys are mean. :x