Ed Milliband under pressure

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Chodmeister, Jan 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Alternative view - unions and labour get together to give Milliband a chance to show courage and resolution in the face of hostile unions and show he's not a union poodle. Unions make a big noise but 4 weeks later they're all quietly friends again
    • Like Like x 3
  2. I thought I was cynical but you are 'de man'.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Having listened to what he said - '"if people don't like it, tough!"' - I'm inclined to agree with you: There is no way he'd have said anything so ostensibly inflamatory if it hadn't been cleared first. With his weak, strangulated delivery it sounded unconvincing and scripted.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

And people complain that X Factor is scripted...
  5. He's only a 'transit' Labour leader if the Unions get their way, he'll have pissed them off so much with all this 'get a grip this' & don't like it, tough' attitude & talk that a new face will be challenging the 2015 election,

Mind you, it makes a change to hear a Labour leader facing 'reality' and openly speaking his mind,

But then again the Unions will never get it anyway.
  6. I know he is talking bollocks, his mouth is open. Ed Balls was employing a similar strategy the other day regarding the deficit. Politicians - I've shit them. I know that I have reached the age where I am expected to be cynical about almost everything political, but honestly, has the quality line ever been set so low? With one or two honourable exceptions, they are all from the same mould: Young, University educated drones with absolutely no experience or concept of the real world the rest of us face. The classic example of this tide of mediocrity is Nick Clegg - what a complete throbber. Rant over.
    I concur with Bouillabaise.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. 10/10 - spot on.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I do like this bit:

''Given the economic mess they (The Conservatives) are creating and the economic mess we will inherit if we win the next election, it would be irresponsible for us to promise now to reverse these cuts in three and a half years' time,'' said Mr Miliband.

No mention of the economic mess the Labour government left the Conservatives.
  9. You can picture the labour party think tank in action:

A whippet pissing against the bar of a smoke filled dingey working mans club where a group of incongruously well dressed barristers, professors, teachers and shady millionaire car theives are gathered.

Just how did we get into power last time?

Oh that was easy, firstly we copied all the tory policies and made them our own, then we handbagged the unions a bit, we threatened to cut the civil service drastically whilst quietly bolstering it, we promised every schoolkid a free WiFi laptop and we backed some cynical congenital fuckwit liar with a nice inane smile just to bag the granny vote, bingo!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. You really need to read up on politics. The mess was left by Thatcher Milk Snatcher.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

As I've said before, I can do Wednesdays...

12. Fixed it for you.
  13. But what else could he say? "Carry on spending .....?"