Ed Balls lied to Parliament

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Apr 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh dear. Too busy in your Leadership bid to run your own department, are we? Pity that it has fcuked up the education of countless kids but then it was only a stepping stone to greatness after all.

"Boston was made the fall guy for the SATS fiasco, not so he writes in an explosive letter. Guido can’t help feeling that if Ed Balls spent less time plotting his leadership path and more time on fixing the state school system we might be better off.

Read the letter Boston has sent to the Select Committee overseeing Balls’ department - it accuses Balls and Knight of spin, smears and deliberate falsehoods.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgcf77v2_124gj9q43hn

In more honourable days this letter would mean the Minister’s resignation this afternoon. Fat chance with this dysfunctional cabal in Downing Street…

UPDATE : Gove is demanding an apology from Balls, Graham Stuart, Tory member of the CSF Select Committee wants him to resign:

“Ministers have been accused of misleading Parliament, Lord Sutherland’s official inquiry and the Select Committee. Millions of children were let down by the SATS exams fiasco and the response of Ed Balls was allegedly to smear a public official who was then forced into silence for months afterwards. If these allegations are proved true then Ed Balls will have to come before the House of Commons, apologise and consider his position.”

http://www.order-order.com/2009/04/ed-balls-and-jim-knight-lied-to-parliament/

2. It would seem the NuLabor spin machine is disintegrating befoore our very eyse, what has the Prince of Darkness been up to?

3. MP's don't lie, they use terminological inexactitudes

4. Or do they mis-speak?

5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

They are misunderstooderated.

6. That's fückin' genius, Biped! I was going to use the tired old Dubya word, but I don't think I'll bother now.

MsG

7. Or they talk bollox, get caught out, blame a junior official, ride the storm of outrage and then go home (their parents house that they're claiming the 2nd home allowance on) get their constituency secretary (Their partner) to add up all the overdue expenses because they need a new kitchen and they need to check-up if they've claimed too much this financial year.

8. Spitting image had SFA on this bunch of clowns,what where we thinking when we let this shower into power

9. Surely they wouldn't do any of that :wink:

10. I know it's far fetched but think of all the other wild-brain options.

11. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

So is this the Brownites sabotaging a leadership bid by the Ballsites?

Because lying to Parliament is 'business as usual' these days.

12. I'm sure that his has just been a mis-understanding, that Ed Balls is beyond reproach and that Ashie will shortly be on here to explain it all to us. :roll:

13. Ashie has his work cut out defending the budget on Current Affairs just now.

Just to paraphrase and keep things going till he or Parapuke get here - all an Ashcroft plot, fact-free post, nothing to see, tory sleaze, just trying to fix tory-lite policy, im-moral leaks, move along before we call in the Anti-terror police

14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

My bold

You nearly got it.

Lying to parliament - par for the course.
    Lying to the electorate - only to be expected.
    Lying to each other - always have.
    Lying to other countries - yep.
    Lying to themselves - only if that's what you call delusional.
    Lying to everyone, anyone, anytime, anyplace - that's a politician.

One might say, on the basis of the criteria above, only the current lot have ever had any success at it.

That's if you forget to include "and get away with it" and "whilst still being even remotely concerned about the health, wealth and security of the nation" and not forgetting "and leaving the place in a better state than when you started".

In which case, this lot have failed so miserably that even Mugabe would be ashamed if it was his government that had behaved this way.

15. I've no doubt he would 'consider his position' if it came to that.

He'd consider it to be a damned cushy number that he'll cling to like a limpet. I'd like to send him a dictionary with the word 'honour' highlighted, but he'd only think I was suggesting he buy a peerage.