ECW novels

Alone in a book shop long long ago I found a book a bit like the Richard Sharpe novels, but about characters fighting in the English Civil War. the only detail I remember was that the author used the word 'cnut', which surprised me, as they usually don't have that level of accuracy in the dialogue. I didn't buy it because I was already laden down with various other new possessions.

Does anyone know of any books that might fit that description?

angular said:
Alone in a book shop long long ago I found a book a bit like the Richard Sharpe novels, but about characters fighting in the English Civil War. the only detail I remember was that the author used the word 'cnut', which surprised me, as they usually don't have that level of accuracy in the dialogue. I didn't buy it because I was already laden down with various other new possessions.

Does anyone know of any books that might fit that description?
I enjoy historical military fiction too, but haven't read any set in the English Civil War as yet. However a quick bit of Googling turns up a few items which may fit the bill, of these I think Nicholas Carter's 'Shadow on the Crown' series may be your best bet. I don't know if they say "cnut" a lot though.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/c/nicholas-carter/turncoat-s-drum.htm :rabbit: