Ecuadors decision to have Julian Assange removed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting kind of miffed by Assanges claims through his lawyer that the Ecuadorian gov chucked him out

Assange lawyer dismisses 'outrageous' Ecuador claims

For a start he ansconded bail facing charges in Sweden on potential sex offences and than from what I read he became a burden on the embassy itself taking up 1/3 of the whole upstairs?

I don't know why the Ecuadorian gov feels it needs to give reasons for allowing po-po for coming in and dragging him out, he was a complete pain in the ass who couldn't keep himself out of mischief as Wikileaks has proven itself as a concept and he had to have his Internet access removed, to be honest if it was your house and you had some scruffy Ozzie who won't even lend a hand with regards to admin like any other landlord you'd have him removed by bailiffs, not paying his own way is another thing?

Now that apparently the US has 2 months to present a case file to justify his extradition, to be honest shouldn't be hard, he published operational files of the UK gov and Wikileaks itself should be all the evidence it needs, allowing Joe Public to access resticted and top secret files, it's about time

I'm getting kind of miffed by Assanges claims through his lawyer that the Ecuadorian gov chucked him out

Assange lawyer dismisses 'outrageous' Ecuador claims

For a start he ansconded bail facing charges in Sweden on potential sex offences and than from what I read he became a burden on the embassy itself taking up 1/3 of the whole upstairs?

I don't know why the Ecuadorian gov feels it needs to give reasons for allowing po-po for coming in and dragging him out, he was a complete pain in the ass who couldn't keep himself out of mischief as Wikileaks has proven itself as a concept and he had to have his Internet access removed, to be honest if it was your house and you had some scruffy Ozzie who won't even lend a hand with regards to admin like any other landlord you'd have him removed by bailiffs, not paying his own way is another thing?

Now that apparently the US has 2 months to present a case file to justify his extradition, to be honest shouldn't be hard, he published operational files of the UK gov and Wikileaks itself should be all the evidence it needs, allowing Joe Public to access resticted and top secret files, it's about time
While I don't disagree with you about the Ecuadorian govt. decision to end his asylum, the US case may be more problematic. As I understand it, Assange is charged with conspiracy to obtain government confidential information. That is, he persuaded the now Chelsea Manning to hand over the information. Given that Manning is back in clink for refusing to testify to a grand jury about Assange they may have some difficulty proving conspiracy. Incidentally, the grand jury was held in secret while the US government continually denied they had any charges pending against Assange. Lying sharp pointed objects.

Who would ever have thunk it, yet another assange thread. At this rate there will be more than the couple of hundred brexit threads....

Status
Not open for further replies.