Economic figures going up.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by whitecity, Apr 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Unfortunately, the figures going up are not the ones UK Plc wants to go up...

1) UK Government Debt & Deficit

2) Inflation

3) Unemployment

Vote New Labour. The party of BIG numbers.
  2. A quick look at these graphs seem to point to deficits,debts and unemployment rates going north at the point of Brown becoming PM?.

If Brown remains as PM post 6th May,these statistics will rise much further.You have been warned.
  3. Not everything's going up - growth fgures 0.2% rather than 0.4% forecast:

Love BBC's spin on it - 'economy contines to recover' ......'figures may be revised upwards' (not mentioning downwards). Also slight glossing over of the fact that the bulk of growth was in business and financial sector - obviously not ready to credit those dastardly city types yet.

BTW, would love to here Steph Flanders say 'stonking' - she's got the whole scary governess thing going on.

Any odds offered for downward revision and double-dip recession post election?
  4. I will take that bet. I will give you odds of 5 to 1 on any amount over £100. But I get to take figures held or revised upwards.

PM to sort it out if you want.
  5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

From yesterdays wire:

The IMF raises its global growth forecast from 3.9 to 4.2% for this year
  6. Last I heard was 4.1% - you don't have a linky do you Alsacien?
  7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Not one that would work for you......try the IMF site?
  8. They have changed it - it was the first place I went. It used to be - but I can't get through. No worries - it was purely out of interest.
  9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

10. And in Airstrip One... Big Brother has increased the chocolate ration from 10 Grams to 5 Grams.
  11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

12. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

13. He swapped me them for his labboooon.
  14. Baz,

Saw today's figures and revisited the thread.

Must've missed your offer (lucky, really). I tip my hat!

Revision was upwards (albeit slightly). It seems my cynicism over pre-election tinkering was ill-founded.

Given current issues, I'm still not sure a double-dip is off the cards.