Economic collapse of Iceland complete.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Blogg, Oct 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Never mind the collapse of dodgy banks, bonkers lending/borrowing & manic ploughing of money into the Uk retail market. A fate worse than economic death itself has finally come to pass.

All of Iceland’s McDonald’s restaurants will be closed at the end of the month.

So that is it. They are done for.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601085&sid=amu4.WTVaqjI

2. Why? Has 'Clown' Brown taken over the country?

3. Apparently, they import lots of other goods as well. I think their exports are fish, fish and... fish.

Not good when your currency has dropped like a stone.

It could never happen in this country. The PM and Chancellor would never permit it....

Litotes

4. Minutely confused here, and somewhat frightened.

Do I understand that Iceland is not part of the world saved by the posturing oaf Brown?

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

No come back for Kerry Katona then. Shame :twisted:

6. .... At least all the Fat Munter, and Fat Chavs.. assuming Iceland has their share of them, will be able to get back into shape again..... No Big Macs Extra Large with Double Fries Large and a Bucket of Icecream.... Oh sod it... they probably make their own Icecream..... :lol:

7. Yes, all 3 of them.
    I'm so glad I read that now.

8. Worth going on holiday there then? 'part from the lack of Golden Arches (always did prefer half sheep head and chips anyway) is it a cheaper destination nowadays?

9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Lucky nobody listened to that egotistical moron Daniel Hannan then, this was his idea of financial Utopia and the model UK should follow........ :roll:

10. Reportedly, they do a nice line in a fish-eating bird that is killed, buried for 3 months and served hot - after being stewed for two days in a volcanic pool.

Or maybe cold. I forget the details as they didn't seem to be important. :D

Litotes

11. Wanna go large with that Litotes?

Urrggghhhhh :pukel:

12. ...and a side order of Fries!

Lits

13. Maybe you're thinking of Hakarl? They can't have two national dishes that revolting, surely?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A1karl

Maybe they could reduce their economic woes by starting an international chain of Hakarl franchises. It can't be as bad as a McDonalds.

14. A different type of Icelandic bird:-

[​IMG]

15. I really don't see what the problem is!! (for both ourselves and for Iceland)... why don't we all just wrap up all of our existing loans into one, easy to manage, loan with Ocean Finance? 8O Just ask these satisfied customers!
    [​IMG]