ECM Bergen

Does anyone have any experience of using one of these? It’s listed as a British Army ECM Rucksack MTP Multicam Lightweight Bergen Daysack PLCE

ea30469078c2bd850bb47e6d9b8c2b27.jpg

fa1a6dc4b0b5c6dbf3a939a3ab6ecafc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Bleep carried Stover, 2 spare batteries and his other kit - Rations, water etc. It’s a tight fit for all that, but doable.

It’s only suitable to carry ECM and not as a substitute for a decent day sack if you want to carry kit.

My Bleep carried Stover, 2 spare batteries and his other kit - Rations, water etc. It’s a tight fit for all that, but doable.

It’s only suitable to carry ECM and not as a substitute for a decent day sack if you want to carry kit.

That’s answered my question actually as I’m after a decent day sack so thanks for that mate

I feel it would be shit for what you want. It’s very specific in its design to hold a piece of ECM and keep it ventilated. There is no protection against inclement weather.

I feel it would be shit for what you want. It’s very specific in its design to hold a piece of ECM and keep it ventilated. There is no protection against inclement weather.

Yeah the more I look at it the more it looks like a BAD idea for what Iam looking for!

That’s answered my question actually as I’m after a decent day sack so thanks for that mate.

I use a 40L Highlander Pro Force. Good quality and not bank breaking. They do a wide range of sizes and designs and they're pretty robust. Ebay is your friend!

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA
I bought a Rothco Medium Transport Pack (about 35 litres or so) a few years back now and despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to break it yet (apart from one of the waist buckles that I mangled slightly when I stepped on it with my right hoof). It has several internal and external zipped and/or velcro closing compartments to stash away various bits of stuff - including stowage for up to a 3-litre water bladder thingy.

The strap arrangement is a bit unusual, and hard to describe so I'll point you at the various piccies of it on the net, but it works.

morsk

LE
Camelbak Motherlode Lite. Was issued one 8 years ago and it is still going strong and is used daily.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Yeah the more I look at it the more it looks like a BAD idea for what Iam looking for!
If you need to move a twenty man, water-actuated, inflatable liferaft, this is absolutely perfect.

You should also buy a Go-Pro camera.

cymraeg

War Hero
Try a bowman daysack

I seem to remember that Karrimor sold us these on the cheap after they were rejected as motor backpacks. The bag bit is bespoke but the strap part is generic. ITDU chinned them off and R Sigs were in the wings to be sold a dog.

Latest Threads