Eclipse 2006 March 29

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by J_D, Mar 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. J_D

J_D LE

Ah, another good excuse to bunk off work and stare at the sky!!!!

2. Simple question - will i be able to see it in sussex ??? - went to the site and it made as much sense as a royal signals op order - but then rocket science never was my strong point
  3. Look at the map. Simple answer is: Not likely.
  4. Not quite so simpler answer is.

You will see a partial eclipse, if it is not raining or overcast.
    Bold column is time of maximum eclipse.
    Italics is the amount of eclipse and depth.

If that don't help then go outside tommorow and look up :)
  5. Are those times GMT or BST? I suspect GMT as those times will be in UMT.

6. I assume, Anya, that you will have a very good view of the eclipse in Cyprus and you will probably have clear skies as well. Lucky!

7. I am lucky enough to be smack on the 'path of the Moon's umbral shadow'. I have my eclipse shades (cost me the equivalent of $2) and look forward to witnessing the total eclipse tomorrow.

Some offices have been given a late start so that staff can enjoy the event.

It is a bit overcast today but hopefully it will be all blue skies tomorrow.
  8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I experienced the last full eclipse just south of Vienna back in 99 I think it was. A very bizarre experience, appearing almost like night time but with the horizon all around like dawn. Well worth seeing if you ever get the chance.
  9. I was in Wilton in 2000 for the last major partial eclipse (it was a total eclipse in Cornwall). It was overcast but cleared just at the right time and the gathering gloom was very impressive. If I had got my act together, I would have travelled to Cyprus for this one!

Never mind - they'll be another one along sometime - and i might have saved up enough time and leave to see it!

Start planning and saving now then.
  11. Wow! Thanks for that! Just what I wanted and couldn't find on Google!

The 2008 eclipse looks a bit too difficult - over the Arctic and Russia - although it looks as if the area of totality is much greater than elsewhere.

The 2009 eclipse over India and the Far East looks worthwhile.

The 2012 eclipse over Queensland looks even better! And I think they have better weather.

I will start saving!

12. J_D

J_D LE

Ah, there you are...........very right! We are heading up Troodos Mountains for a better view!
  13. Aren't I lucky. From my house, tonight I can see a few stars, a little piece of the moon and a lot of darkness. It is about as interesting as seeing an eclipse. Not very.
  14. She'll be getting a great view of it.....................she'll be the cause of it.
  15. J_D

J_D LE

Biccie, your life that boring you have to stalk me around arrse and make the same boring comments as you have done for the past 12 months?

Get over your dull self and stop hi-jacking threads.