ECI RED @ 6 BAT

Discussion in 'REME' started by Stumps, Nov 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There I am a SNCO in one of the humble Pls in 6 and listening to some short fat 'Q' man with too close together eyes telling me how shit we are and that he's gonna VOR the entire fleet. He practically told me that i was shite and that the entire bn was a bunch of W^&kers!! ECI teams need to realise that were busy out there, too busy to sometimes get everything right.

Our CO volunteers us for everything and I mean everything, no wonder we're seen as crap, we're the jack of all and masters of nothing 'cos there's little or no time to focus on anything! Over 15 years of service I've never been in a unit with a report as bad as the one we're getting, its an embarassment. Anyone got the number for truck driving school, I think I wanna be a truck driver!

2. Easy there stumps!!!

ECI teams have been known to get it wrong with reports. I would be very suprised if you were that bad, but still providing support at the same time. Its a well known fact that ECIs dont always look at the important areas and concentrate on rubbish.
    As for your Q man, he needs to chill and look at the reason not rip you apart and then realsie he has over reacted having to then ask nicely for you's to do your job that you are apparently so bad at. Sounds like he missed part of the management skills part of his Tiffy cse, or possibly all of it!!!

Unfortunately things are going to get worse soon, with all REME Bns being kept well busy. COs aren't spamming units, its the system not realising that REME units are overstretched more than many others.

3. You're right Massive, just letting of a bit of steam. I've bust my ass off getting my areas right and so have alot of the othe lads. I think we do a quality job in hard times but all I hear from the HQ guys is that div and bde aren't happy and that we're not providing the quality of serivce they expect, but still they load us with more and more work so something has to suffer.... still would like that phone number though!

4. More likely this Q man is schnecking a posting to DLO Andover.

5. You know of him then? Is his reputation as bad as they say?

6. Easy there Stumps

Doesnt the Q Bloke realise that he has got it wrong himself, if its gone wrong under him then he must take some of the responsibilty.
    After all, its his part of the train set to play fat controller with.

7. When REME cant even pas there own tests there is somthing wrong not that I am pointing any fingers because I am only too aware of the tempo at BNs at the moment.

Dave

8. Stumps

Same old story. Boys working there nuts off as they always do. When it goes well the boss man takes all the praise. When it goes wrong he takes non of the sh1t. Its a problem we've always had.

I can remember getting a group bollocking for not producing the goods years ago, with the boss blaming us all. He had the nerve to say that those on the shop floor had let him down, when in reality he had let the workers down by constantly expecting miracles while not giving us the tools or the chance to do so.

As i said, same old story. Don't think it will ever change.

9. I hear you Massive,

Just spent the whole day trying to sort out the mess were in, most of the eci team are 5 Bat and being pretty good about things. This is all down to being too busy to get tings done properly, not being able to sort out our own house is embarassing to say the least. The BTO and our ASM look done in, the young lads who are siging off in droves aren't getting anything by way of confidence in what they're seeing. LAND, DIV, or DEME(A), I don't know who directly tasks us routinely need to realise that the Bn's are suffering hugley. Likie you say same old same old!

10. I hear you Massive,

Just spent the whole day trying to sort out the mess were in, most of the eci team are 5 Bat and being pretty good about things. This is all down to being too busy to get tings done properly, not being able to sort out our own house is embarassing to say the least. The BTO and our ASM look done in, the young lads who are siging off in droves aren't getting anything by way of confidence in what they're seeing. LAND, DIV, or DEME(A), I don't know who directly tasks us routinely need to realise that the Bn's are suffering hugley. Likie you say same old same old!

11. Stumps,

SMS in camberley are always on the lookout for drivers,

Good rates of pay and they give the Bill Odddies the better jobs,

Give them a bell i'm sure they can help you out in your hour of need

:twisted:

12. Stumps,

SMS in camberley are always on the lookout for drivers,

Good rates of pay and they give the Bill Odddies the better jobs,

Give them a bell i'm sure they can help you out in your hour of need

:twisted:

13. I can sense some serious frustration here. :( I can see that some have linked this issue to over commitment, under manning and changing priorities. Others have taken a somewhat defensive stance. Take it from me, these things happen for a reason, if the unit have been stretched and unable to address these issues, only honest reports will make people stop and take notice. So I say to you all, celebrate and rejoice that at last someone has been honest about the situation. How many times have you said the system must break before anyone takes notice? No one can blame one individual, we stand together and fall together.

Arte Et Marte

14. Your right and this is a good thing, the whole unit from the CO downwards has sat up and listened but whilst most like me are getting on with setting things right others (no names!) are looking to apportion blame away from themselves. Times like this show the true characters of our leaders.

15. Spanners,

Thanks, I might give them a bell!!.....or just finish my last two years and then wish I had!