ECE Reunion 2007

Discussion in 'REME' started by sparky8, Nov 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gents, the next ECE reunion is scheduled to be held in the Corps WO & Sgts mess on the 07 Apr 07.

All qualified ECE's, serving or not, are invited to attend.

I am organising the function so if you have any questions or queries please feel free to post or PM me.

2. I'm an ex ECE (& proud of it!). Tell me more of these ece reunions & is it restricted to ece's who only made the sgts mess, if so thats me out?? How many turn up, will I feel sick meeting REME types again?

*waits*

3. 1. Well done for volunteering, Sparky!

2. I thought there were some girlie ECEs?

3. Is this just for ECEs or are you including the new-fangled wotsits?

4. $64,000 question: just how qualified an ECE does one have to be?

Litotes

4. Well Im afraid to say that you have to be a senior rank (or an ex senior rank) CET so fcol64 you're cut! New fandangled Tech Elec's are currently out and thats just about the only qualifications as far as Im concerned! You dont have to still be in the REME or even the Army (I have already got hold of lads in PT Corps, AGC SPS and even the RAF!).

Yep well done me, "volunteered" if you know what I mean! I've got hold of a ECE database that has a fair few hundred names on it and I'[ve already sent out a type of warning order to as many people as I could think of. I believe about 100 people attended the last reunion in 2000, if I got that many I would be quite chuffed. I have at least set the jungle drums beating nice and early and most who know me know that I can organise a good function. Now, does anyone have the phone number for those nurses in Guildford?!

5. Well done SPARKY8 good to see that we have sorted a date out. Don't forget the Crafty Mag advert. Speak nicely to Zoe and you may get it in the Jan issue.

6. Didn't want to go anyway!

*sulks* :(