ECDL

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Looking to update ECDL qualifications, last did it in 2002.
Any good places to study online & where to buy the books from?
Going to use local college for the module tests online.

Look at local colleges, often it’s free.

I guess it will become the ICDL on 1 Feb 20.

Looking to update ECDL qualifications, last did it in 2002.
Any good places to study online & where to buy the books from?
Going to use local college for the module tests online.
Do you really need an ECDL qualification?

I've seen plenty of job specifications and whilst many of them ask for working knowledge of Microsoft packages, good IT & MS office skills, I've never yet seen one specify ECDL amongst the list of qualifications required.

I did my ECDL at the DELC just before I left the mob and at all the interviews I've been to I've never once been asked about it.

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Well my firm would like CCENT or CCNA but with new software coming live & the potential for more MS Excel thought of looking at ECDL. My A+ helps in the job, but should really be doing ISCM but the Army & MoD Logistics experience sees me through most stuff.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
the ECDL - 'can you show me the power switch?'

'here.'

**awards diploma**

;)

the ECDL - 'can you show me the power switch?'

'here.'

**awards diploma**

;)
That certainly wasn’t the case when ECDLs were being pushed and I was line managing people who went on it.
One of them kept complaining to me that they didn’t teach her how to turn on the computer and that they were all turned on in the library.
So each time I showed her where the power button was on her computer, and where it was in a different place on my computer.
A basic step that can be shown in familiarisation, and if a new computer arrives then the power button is pointed out on the leaflet that comes in the box.

ECDL is a basic level of use of computers - how to do common tasks in windows, excel, word etc
I wouldn’t push it as IT skills, but it does demonstrate a standard.
I did question the management when they wanted me to do ECDL after they had originally employed me as a systems manager!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skintboymike The Training Wing 6
firefox3030 Officers 26
S Army Reserve 0

Latest Threads