Ebola spreads outside Africa

Not again

Please define 'dozens' in the metric planet of Europe.

The BBC to date has provided a b/w image of one, low greyscale individual.

Captain Haddock Walt

Amazon product

It does seem as if these and other recent outbreaks are linked more to failings in sexual health concerns or practices in particular groups, rather more than the insane trade in bushmeat, or being bitten by a squirrel.

rmn

LE

Time we made having health insurance compulsory to enter UK?
Bit of a mixed set of posts on this. Posters suggest that a vector of transmission could be "migrants", who are surely extremely unlikely to have possess "health insurance". Second issue is that once you start checking on insurance a number of people, who may be infected but asymptomatic, may well avoid seeking treatment and hence community transmission.

Bit of a mixed set of posts on this. Posters suggest that a vector of transmission could be "migrants", who are surely extremely unlikely to have possess "health insurance". Second issue is that once you start checking on insurance a number of people, who may be infected but asymptomatic, may well avoid seeking treatment and hence community transmission.
20 cases in the UK (so far).
Presumptive UK first case flew in, so perhaps a UK resident.
Images of the pox, looks fairly ordinary to me, not 'scary' like anthrax etc. Maybe people will ignore it (unfortunate)

Images of the pox, looks fairly ordinary to me, not 'scary' like anthrax etc. Maybe people will ignore it (unfortunate)

Sadly I have been struck over the last decades that the right to travel, rather trumps any sensible conditions and being seen as 'World Ending', by some screechers. Clearly there are parts of the world where some pre medical certification, as a condition of getting a visa or a flight out could help to reduce the ability for a illness or disease, to jump continents.

Of course that sort of thing alone cannot guarantee illness or disease, spreading but it certainly could help. As would making the stricter checks and publicising convictions for the illegal import of Bush Meat. Let us also be frank, like it or not most of these conditions are not native to most of the northern hemisphere of the western world.

rmn

LE

Don't tell RoyalGreenJacket but the article mentions "respiratory ", "virus" and "PPE". Oh and it being spread by men doing naughties with each other.

Don't tell RoyalGreenJacket but the article mentions "respiratory ", "virus" and "PPE". Oh and it being spread by men doing naughties with each other.
In Current Affairs?
It must be Friday, how refreshing to see you are not obsessed with another poster.