Ebola Medal?

modwatchdog

Old-Salt
Any update on the Ebola Medal?

Is it going to be a NATO/UN type affair or along the lines of the OSM/Reconstruction Medal?

Any update on the Ebola Medal?

Is it going to be a NATO/UN type affair or along the lines of the OSM/Reconstruction Medal?
why would it be a NATO/UN medal? Op GRITROCK was a UK op.

Criteria still being worked on - nothing will be announced this side of election - given time for new government to settle in, and summer recess, expect something about Sep time (policy, not medal itself)

modwatchdog

Old-Salt
why would it be a NATO/UN medal? Op GRITROCK was a UK op.

Criteria still being worked on - nothing will be announced this side of election - given time for new government to settle in, and summer recess, expect something about Sep time (policy, not medal itself)

No NATO/UN affair, that's good to know.

Will be interesting to see what they come up with. Not a medal I'd want myself, but fair do's to all the medics who deployed!!!

jim30

LE
I cant decide if you are a very dull retired no medal type, or a no-medal wannabee walter.

Either way your posts are ******* dull.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

modwatchdog

Old-Salt
I cant decide if you are a very dull retired no medal type, or a no-medal wannabee walter.

Well stop reading them then and please stop replying to them?? If you've got nothing constructive to say, then keep your opinions to yourself.

jim30

LE
Well stop reading them then and please stop replying to them?? If you've got nothing constructive to say, then keep your opinions to yourself.
And we have a bite.

How much have you spent on plastic medals in recent years and do you want an ndm?

Yokel

LE
"I say" said the Pot, "you look a bit funny Kettle".

jim30

LE
Kettle was busy trying to pass itself off as a seaharrier but failed due to no one giving a damn :)

GSM 08 with "I BEAT EBOLA" clasp.

Around 2000 issued to aid works who have deployed to west africa-

eligibility is collect tokens from jars ?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer

@jim30 if you stay on that fence for much longer you'll end t with splinters in your arse.

I thought this was a piss take but there actually is going to be an Ebola Medal.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-31133815

Ebola incidentally has killed something like 20,000 people in 40 years while between quarter and half a million people died of the flu every year. Maybe there should be a General Infectious Disease medal with clasps for various pathogens like Measles, Mumps, Rubella and the Flu.

LayKil

Old-Salt
I have it on good authority that there will be a backdated Fireman's Strike Medal. We're still working on recognition for flood defence, Foot & Mouth and the criterion for an elongated attendance at AvN.

LayKil

Old-Salt
Instead of a rosette, there will be a rugby ball emblem with tour indicators on the main medal...

The ribbon will be a gas - what proportion of beer stain, snot and a tiny bit of vomit would be appropriate?

And 'Zorro' clasp for that legendary streak! Saw him at 'Twickers' station after; he didn't get caught! He must still be online for his AvN LS&GC.

I hope they remember those who went to help out Hurricane Pam, the Tsunami and every other natural disaster we attend.

The Humanitarian Aid Medal (HAM)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rizzo Medals 1
FEASG Medals 85
H Medals 27

Latest Threads