EBAY

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Carlos_spiceyweiner, Oct 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me the rules for buying kit off EBAY? Its taking forever to trawl through all the articles on here.

2. Rules,,,what rules?..

3. You see something you like and err bid on it?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Is it your carers day off? If you see something you like you buy it.

5. I got told that its illegal to buy/sell kit on there?

6. Only if your selling your 1157.

7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It's illegal to sell kit (or anything else) anywhere (including eBay) if it doesn't belong to you. You may be breaking the law buying stuff that doesn't belong to the seller or that the seller doesn't have legal authority to sell.

Issue kit belongs to the Queen, therefore it shouldn't be on sale on eBay.

Of course most issue kit is legitimately available on the open market and there is no reason why the owner should not offer it for sale on eBay.

MTP and PCS are more of an issue because it has not been released to the market and whilst it's possible that some of it may legitimately have passed into private hands - legitimately issued and legitimately not been required to be returned - one would might reasonably speculate that much of the MTP on eBay doesn't fall into that category.

8. WHat are you buying/selling?

9. He's on guard and is wanting to sell his rifle complete with magazine of 10 rounds.

10. I'll give him £50.

11. None, I've had an AS90's shell transfer arm for 50 brick and 350 yards of Don10
    wire for a fiver, the deals are there if you dig deep enough.

12. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Is it a qualification badge? Maybe a qualified submariner going to HERRICK might feel as much need as a PARA or commando to have an MTP badge.