Ebay or Amazon

Due to my Mum selling her house I will no longer be able to take advantage of her shed and attic to store my stuff that I can't fit into my flat. So this weekend I going to wack it all on the net to sell. I tend to use Ebay but I have about tons of books to sell so was thinking about Amazon, any one used them?

I've used EBAY for years now both / selling and thought it the best it has a worldwide base for buyers/sellers , easy to use as well

scuba_angel said:
Ive sold some through amazon but its not great for a clear out, another site you could try is greenmetropolis but again not great for a big clear out as orders are fairly infrequent.

Looking on Amazon they seem to have set postage for books, it seems a bit odd as some of the larger hardbacks will cost more that a paper back.

Amazon can take ages to sell and charge for the privilage - I know it sound obvious but I only sell books thru Amazon
once advertised they sit there and have no time limit
Amazon definitly pull in the book buyers more than e-bay

e-bay you can make a bit extra on the P & P (don't be greedy though)
It definitly has a bigger audience

either way neither are good if you are in a rush....

my advice - go through the kit.. be harsh - select only the best for e-bay and amazon and either 'car boot' or pass on the other bits of kit
for charity (make you feel better if nothing else :D )

LordVonHarley said:
scuba_angel said:
Ive sold some through amazon but its not great for a clear out, another site you could try is greenmetropolis but again not great for a big clear out as orders are fairly infrequent.

Looking on Amazon they seem to have set postage for books, it seems a bit odd as some of the larger hardbacks will cost more that a paper back.
Yeah the set postage rate is annoying, as are the charges they deduct, at times you seem to be selling for a loss, Ive been using greenmetropolis recently because although its a set price you can add extra postage if its a bigger than typical book.

My Mum will be moving in the Summer so no real rush. I can be the best son in the world and set her up with as a cottage industry just need a box of envolopes and loads of stamps :D

Is Arrse good for selling air rifles/scopes? (my brother in laws, not mine).

Are you signed up to Amazon US? or still on the UK version?

I sold/advertised a childrens book last year and because I ticked 'sell worldwide' ended up posting it to America - so obviously Amazon advertise on all their websites
Obviously I got credited more - but it cost me more to post
(I think I made 7p on the P&P!!)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Edwardian Fred The NAAFI Bar 20
HHH ARRSE: Site Issues 3
C ARRSE: Site Issues 18