Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay in here ONLY

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Not really eBay, but there’s a big bundle of a Generals collection of souvenirs & uniforms on Facebook

opening hours on Facebook might not be current

Warehouse currently open on Saturdays 9 to 3pm.
Unit 24 High Post Business Park, Salisbury SP4 6AT
8F86889A-088F-4C73-BB28-971E15CCC76F.jpeg

Bet loads of folks are watching this:

WW2 AIR RAID SIREN, A.R.S, RAF LABEL+ INSTRUCTIONS IN CRATE UNUSED.ALL ORIGINAL

Not really eBay, but there’s a big bundle of a Generals collection of souvenirs & uniforms on Facebook

opening hours on Facebook might not be current

Warehouse currently open on Saturdays 9 to 3pm.
Unit 24 High Post Business Park, Salisbury SP4 6ATView attachment 460208

Hard to believe that the SHAPE souvenir medal attached to the left breast pocket would do anything other than to detract from the value of the ensemble.

We used to call them 'bottle openers'.

My old Mum would cry every time she heard one of those.

It would more likely have been the full fat Carter three phase electric motor version that was affixed to the roofs of civic buildings and the like that affected your mum. Many were retained long after WW2 for civil defence and flood warning purposes.

I was born a long time after WW2 and the twin tone howl of those things send a shudder through me.

The thing pictured is a portable hand-cranked warning siren. Not the same effect at all, just an irritating whine.

I used to love the sound of lighthouse fog horns. They're a thing you don't hear anymore since the lights went automatic and ship borne technology has improved.

An unforeseen consequence of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan...

Bloke seems on the level, got good feedback.

Quite common. There's a name for them which I've forgotten. Got a small one with AK, Sov F1 grenade and Mi8 under my landline phone.

Beats a doily, I suppose...

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Quite common. There's a name for them which I've forgotten. Got a small one with AK, Sov F1 grenade and Mi8 under my landline phone.

Beats a doily, I suppose...
Grooming mats.

WW2 Reenactment spoons anyone?

10 pounds for a set of seven bakelite spoons " I think not. Every MRE has a plastic spoon furnished at no extra cost so maybe I'll do my shopping with them.

10 pounds for a set of seven bakelite spoons " I think not. Every MRE has a plastic spoon furnished at no extra cost so maybe I'll do my shopping with them.

If they're those shitty long handled efforts, they're a waste of time. End up leaving the bowl of the spoon in the bottom of the pouch and waving a broken handle about.

This is what's needed. Dashed fine racing spoon too.

If they're those shitty long handled efforts, they're a waste of time. End up leaving the bowl of the spoon in the bottom of the pouch and waving a broken handle about.

This is what's needed. Dashed fine racing spoon too.

I can’t believe I am saying this but for the first time in my life I am suffering with spoon envy.

I must now Google up said Vango Titanium and buy one.

Latest Threads