eBay have suspended my account permanently

Went to buy some braces of all things earlier today and found that my account has been"permanently suspended" ?
I hardly ever use eBay and then just for purchasing bits n bobs. Never sold on the site.
Looking at my messages the only thing I haven't done was give feedback. Messaged them twice and just had replies from the Philippines saying tough luck and we are not telling you why you have been barred.
I have looked through my statements and found nothing untoward as with my purchases no dodgy stuff, nothing. The only thing I can think of is I may have out bid a few arrsers for kits or my wife has found out about the size of my kit stash.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Went to buy some braces of all things earlier today and found that my account has been"permanently suspended" ?
I hardly ever use eBay and then just for purchasing bits n bobs. Never sold on the site.
Looking at my messages the only thing I haven't done was give feedback. Messaged them twice and just had replies from the Philippines saying tough luck and we are not telling you why you have been barred.
I have looked through my statements and found nothing untoward as with my purchases no dodgy stuff, nothing. The only thing I can think of is I may have out bid a few arrsers for kits or my wife has found out about the size of my kit stash.
Just make another account like what you do on arrse.

Yup. Happens if you complain against dodgy people sometimes - they say you've not paid or similar or they've used your details to scam.

Your spending pattern makes you suspect as well.

Ebay will not investigate nor give a reason.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Just use 'guest checkout' - i've been doing it since I asked for my ebay account to be deleted, I used to sell odds and sods on there but I wasn't happy with their new T's & C's and direct access to my bank account. they wouldn't remove selling rights so I just closed it usinng the GDPR 'remove my data' option.

Haven't used it for a few years.

OVer the last year or so I got loads of messages from ebay and PayPal as they were looking to close redundant accounts. This they duly did, with email advice.

Maybe you'd moved email?

Perhaps other issue(s)

anglo

LE
I hardly ever use eBay
That's your problem, since you last signed in their terms have probably changed,
you have a certain time to sign the new terms, run out of time, and you're gone.
Open another account , or check out as a guest

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Used Ebay on and off for buying for the last 10 or so years, only problem I've ever had is stuff not turning up but that is most likely the couriers fault and the situation has always been resolved amicably.

Latest Threads