eBay - Flogging Gongs

#61
Scorptin said:
Dags_is_innocent said:
That, or the Corps promotes people too early?
The Corps does promote people too early. Everyone nowadays expects an A Y in their CRs. Are we saying that all our soldiers are well above average and should be promoted? There are some out there who are unpromotable. Some individuals in their first CR in a new rank expect an AY. They are saying that 12 months ago they were a Cpl, newly promoted to Sgt, and a CR saying that they are ready for SSgt. However some CoCs write this. This is where the whole thing falls down and people who should be promoted are not.
You talking about CR again? :rofl:
 
#62
Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Scorptin said:
Dags_is_innocent said:
That, or the Corps promotes people too early?
The Corps does promote people too early. Everyone nowadays expects an A Y in their CRs. Are we saying that all our soldiers are well above average and should be promoted? There are some out there who are unpromotable. Some individuals in their first CR in a new rank expect an AY. They are saying that 12 months ago they were a Cpl, newly promoted to Sgt, and a CR saying that they are ready for SSgt. However some CoCs write this. This is where the whole thing falls down and people who should be promoted are not.
You talking about CR again? :rofl:
yep, he was :)
 
#63
Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Scorptin said:
Dags_is_innocent said:
That, or the Corps promotes people too early?
The Corps does promote people too early. Everyone nowadays expects an A Y in their CRs. Are we saying that all our soldiers are well above average and should be promoted? There are some out there who are unpromotable. Some individuals in their first CR in a new rank expect an AY. They are saying that 12 months ago they were a Cpl, newly promoted to Sgt, and a CR saying that they are ready for SSgt. However some CoCs write this. This is where the whole thing falls down and people who should be promoted are not.
You talking about CR again? :rofl:
Oh please, I'm not that daft!
 
#66
Scorptin said:
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
4:25 and you're still in work? that's a first :)
Not working..a little well deserved time off. Well that's what I keep telling myself!
i don't know how you can keep a straight face when you fill in a leave pass. everyone else in the british army only gets thirty days a year of doing no work :)
 
#67
I thought ebay was where the Int corp got their medals, not where they flogged them
 
#68
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
Scorptin said:
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
4:25 and you're still in work? that's a first :)
Not working..a little well deserved time off. Well that's what I keep telling myself!
i don't know how you can keep a straight face when you fill in a leave pass. everyone else in the british army only gets thirty days a year of doing no work :)
Well, 15 days carried over from last year (due to Op Tour), 30 days leave and 20 days REN on top of that. Take into consideration leave bans, when else in the year is there timeto take it??
 
#69
oooh i should get another batch of ren leave soon. forgot about that.

think i'll take a couple of months off when i come back from the sandpit and travel round the fleshpots of south east asia or something.

(please don't tell the wife. i've told her it's a nine month tour ;) )
 
#70
I still remember at a summer ball in Germany trying to shut drunken wife up, at the table, who was gleefully pointing to a young pay corps officer's obviously secondhand mess kit, there were small holes where someone's previous minitures had been, and announcing to all - "hey look! look! your medals have dropped off, quick everybody look under the table!" Embarrassed silence and much smirking behind hands. Anyway are campaign medals really worth anything? There suddenly seems to have been a whole stack of them over the last 15 -20 years! Makes my extended service NI medal look a bit weak!!
 
#71
Shamus said:
Makes my extended service NI medal look a bit weak!!
Why, don't you wear the others then??
;-)
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top