eBay - Flogging Gongs

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by MrsRaven, Jan 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. seller - sharonb2812. 140 quid and counting...

2. Sad

If it has not been nicked, I hope no one ever gets to ask her

" what did you do in the war Mummy?"

Anyway what am I offered for a collection of Whiskeybreath's spent Company Conduct sheets ? ( Ord room shredder was broken again )

not PARA, SAS, SBS, RM etc

3. Twat.

I only have one Regimental entry, and that was signed by Maj DV when I got him lost on a 7 Int Coy team orienteering event. It was only an extra 7k. Some people have no sense of humour.

And your confession is...?

4. Maybe we should ask for the name and number to 'authenticate' the medal? She can't quote persec as a reason t say no as the winner will get to se the details.

5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Why?

6. Take a look at her other auctions and you get the feeling that s/he is selling of anything and everything military that they have.

Hope it is a he as those boots are a size 12!

7. S/he is also selling a Brownie uniform-Int Corps and Brownies!

..."now there's an idea"

8. Good on her, no use to man nor beast when you are out of the green and when there are mouths to feed!!!

9. If someone who is ex Corps is that hard up, ICA should really be on the case. They can have all my desert combats, as well as the Marsh Arab's Hasselblad

If the recipient places no value on it, any "tiny mouth to feed" might derive tremendous pride and comfort from that gong in 40 or 50 years time :cry:

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot...........
    Joni Mitchell

10. I agree. He can always buy a copy if he intends to wear it on parades and such.

11. Sub - as discussed I will e-mail the seller and ask the question of whose medal it is and whether they do need ICA assistance.

Could it be a political statement?! (Not quite Seigfreid Sasson chucking his medal away I know!) :lol:

NTTT

12. if they want to make a policial statement, can't they just stick on orange robes and burn themselves like normal people? :)

13. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

More to the point, I thought that the Intelligence Corps were supposed to be the brighter elements of the British army and able to spell? Is he/she really "Intelligent"?