• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

eBay - Flogging Gongs

Sad

If it has not been nicked, I hope no one ever gets to ask her

" what did you do in the war Mummy?"

Anyway what am I offered for a collection of Whiskeybreath's spent Company Conduct sheets ? ( Ord room shredder was broken again )

not PARA, SAS, SBS, RM etc

Twat.

I only have one Regimental entry, and that was signed by Maj DV when I got him lost on a 7 Int Coy team orienteering event. It was only an extra 7k. Some people have no sense of humour.

And your confession is...?

Maybe we should ask for the name and number to 'authenticate' the medal? She can't quote persec as a reason t say no as the winner will get to se the details.

FNUSNU said:
Maybe we should ask for the name and number to 'authenticate' the medal? She can't quote persec as a reason t say no as the winner will get to se the details.
Why?

Take a look at her other auctions and you get the feeling that s/he is selling of anything and everything military that they have.

Hope it is a he as those boots are a size 12!

Good on her, no use to man nor beast when you are out of the green and when there are mouths to feed!!!

me n bee said:
Good on her, no use to man nor beast when you are out of the green and when there are mouths to feed!!!
If someone who is ex Corps is that hard up, ICA should really be on the case. They can have all my desert combats, as well as the Marsh Arab's Hasselblad

If the recipient places no value on it, any "tiny mouth to feed" might derive tremendous pride and comfort from that gong in 40 or 50 years time :cry:

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot...........
Joni Mitchell

subbsonic said:
me n bee said:
If someone who is ex Corps is that hard up, ICA should really be on the case. They can have all my desert combats, as well as the Marsh Arab's Hasselblad

If the recipient places no value on it, any "tiny mouth to feed" might derive tremendous pride and comfort from that gong in 40 or 50 years time :cry:

Joni Mitchell
Sub - as discussed I will e-mail the seller and ask the question of whose medal it is and whether they do need ICA assistance.

Could it be a political statement?! (Not quite Seigfreid Sasson chucking his medal away I know!) :lol:

NTTT

The_Duke

LE
More to the point, I thought that the Intelligence Corps were supposed to be the brighter elements of the British army and able to spell? Is he/she really "Intelligent"?

Blinkin Eck? Over £1300 Quid for a few medals??

"Missus, get the digi camera out.................no more dirty pics.........I have a date with Mr Ebay"

OK, How do I sell mine???????????? I will get more than £1300 no doubt!

WasMe said:
Blinkin Eck? Over £1300 Quid for a few medals??

"Missus, get the digi camera out.................no more dirty pics.........I have a date with Mr Ebay"

OK, How do I sell mine???????????? I will get more than £1300 no doubt!
Yeah but could you bear some slimy fat walt owning your hard-earned medals, or worse still claiming them as their own :x

Most people who pay that kind of money are not Walts wanting to wear them, you can get very good copies for £30 to £50 each. More like a collector to add to more he is hoarding. Provonance is important with post WWII medals as you can not get service details till 70 years after a persons discharge.

Seems a lot for a set of 7 medals with no gallantry to REME. But is 7 that unusual now for a Corps like REME or RLC? 20 years ago you were lucky to get 1!

And no I am not a medal collector.

Next_to_the_Tank said:
subbsonic said:
me n bee said:

Joni Mitchell

Sub - as discussed I will e-mail the seller and ask the question of whose medal it is and whether they do need ICA assistance.

Could it be a political statement?! (Not quite Seigfreid Sasson chucking his medal away I know!) :lol:

NTTT
I have now had contact with the seller (selling on behalf of her husband so that explains the size 12 boot conundrum). She thanks people for their concern but there are no problems.