Ebay; Advice

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by scotscop, Feb 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right,

I won an item at £10 with £3.50 P&P clearly displayed. Now on the 'Pay' page theres "Sellers discounts or charges: £13.50" - how do i preserve my 100% positive and not pay this dirty bastar.d...........

2. email your seller and try to resolve it, otherwise complain to ebay direct! They will ensure the sale is void!

3. I've emailed the seller, obviosuly i wont do anything until they respond - hopefully telling me they have made a horrible mistake!

4. Tell him you are a copper and if he doesn't sort it out you will nick him :):)

Sparky

5. Isn't the 13,50 just the sum of the item and postage ? I.e. the grand total to pay ?

6. lol cheers sparky, i'll try that :D

No the he's added £13.50 as a 'charge' so i'm expected to pay for the item £10 + £3.50 p&p + £13.50 charge...... :evil:

7. I had a similar problem. Mail ebay, they will ask if you have contacted the seller, when you tell them yes & with no reply they will take over

8. :D manchestercop, I personally use eBay three to four times per month. Guaranteed there will be some clown that will try to 'bump' the price of goods up by excessive postal/handling/packaging charges.

I always respond with an email to the seller followed by a complaint to eBay regarding the charges. In most cases this will suffice to deter rogue sellers screwing you out of more cash. :x

Hope you get this problem sorted out, eBay has saved me a ton of money over the last 18 months. Still have to be careful, however on the whole a good shopping resource. :p

fastmedic 8)

9. Did he say that further down in the description as some of the sellers from Hong Kong do, they will say the postage etc is one price then insist that you have to take out the insurance, so that the price is bumped up.

Sparky

10. No definitely not, I checked the listing to make sure I had grounds to kick off. The charge only appears on the 'Pay' screen.

11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

You can report the seller for non-performance: NPS

As the charges that have been added are against Ebay's rules, you aren't obliged to complete the transaction. Unfortunately, however, this doesn't mean that he can't neg you, and unless the feedback breaks the rules Ebay won't remove (but see below). All you can do is neg him back, and put a factual response to his feedback e.g. added extra charges at auction end, so transaction not completed - or suchlike. Most people don't take much notice of 1 neg.

The one way you can get any negative feedback removed is by getting a solicitor to write to Ebay asking for it to be taken off. They always comply. If you know one who'll do it free....

If the seller offers PayPal, report him to them as well.

12. Don't you have the facility to edit this?
    i.e. can't you put in a discount of £13.50?

What's the item number?

TTFN

BFG

13. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

It may also be worth checking that his contact details are genuine and provided in full - if not, and you report him, Ebay will definately bin his account.

14. Before we jump on this guy it could be sheer stupidity

I won an item once that was PayPal only,no probs except this idiot didn't have a paypal account, the chasing I had to do before this numpty replied, didn't even know where to check that his item had sold.

One thing to do is check this guys rating out and how many thing he had actually sold

15. I paid last night as soon as the auction was won, £13.50. Today I had an email saying the payment, via paypal, had been refused. I checked the listing, click Pay again - now it was £27! I'm hoping they've assumed they need to enter the total onto the invoice so they've added £13.50 but have unwittingly doubled my bill. Still no response.