EBAM - is it worth it?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by loubella, Apr 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just finished a course which had a presentation trying to sell us EBAM, I did at the time think it was a brilliant way of getting a degree and was all for signing up. Since I have returned to my unit I have asked around for any experiences of it but have only got friend of a friend of a friend knows someone who said it was crap responses.

Has anyone completed or started one, is it worthwhile? Is it achievable? :?

I don't want to spend all my ELC on it and regret it afterwards. :)

2. msr

msr LE

EBAM - give us a clue!

msr

3. EBAM - Electronic business and management foundation degree

4. I hope you hear from someone doing this degree course cos I would like to know how it is too

It seems that it has advantages like giving you credits for your experience and for having ECDL and CLM. It also gives 240 credits towards the 360 required for a Hons degree and up to 6 years to complete it - which allows for op tours etc.

Not sure that 3 yrs on OU would give you so much credit

BUT it is done entirely by computer and that may not be your style of learning

Just trying to give some pros and cons

In your CLM accreditation booklet, there is also the BTEC Level 5 Diploma run by West Wilts and Somerset Colleges

It costs £540 (£180 a yr for 3 yrs) and you can use SLC. It leads on to a Level 7 qualification then to a Masters in Business Administration (MBA)

Just something to muddy the water for you!

5. Has any one started one of these degrees or know anyone who has?