• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

eau, what a rip off

Severn Trent charge me nearly £500 a year for clean water.
I have just watched an advert from 'save the children' stating that they can provide clean water for only £3 a month.
I think that this is fantastic,, how can I get save the children to take over from Severn Trent and save me hundreds of quid?

My sister in law lived in a farmhouse in Wales, as she'd moved there from India it wasn't too much of a culture shock.

Anyway she and her other half had a spring on the property, which they piped down to the farmhouse.

The relevant water board said they had to have the water tested, and guess what? It came to the same price as their water rates would have been, and before you ask, no an independant health check would not be valid, the test was to be repeated yearly, and refusal to comply would result in their spring being cut off.

Water boards, worse than the energy suppliers.

My sister in law lived in a farmhouse in Wales, as she'd moved there from India it wasn't too much of a culture shock.

Anyway she and her other half had a spring on the property, which they piped down to the farmhouse.

The relevant water board said they had to have the water tested, and guess what? It came to the same price as their water rates would have been, and before you ask, no an independant health check would not be valid, the test was to be repeated yearly, and refusal to comply would result in their spring being cut off.

Just ask the guys in Gitmo!!

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
How would you go about cutting a spring off though? Unless is was the Peckham Spring from Only Fools and Horses.
Can you refuse them entry like the TV licence people? Then I never answer the door to any fucker, electric company threatened to take me to court if I didn't let them in.

tried the disaster zone, council told me to bugger off, jam sounds good but my son keeps licking himself clean, authorities and children, you just can't trust em to do the right thing!

on the plus side, my benefits have gone up!

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Surely if the spring was on her property, it's nothing to do with any water company?
Try it. The fuckers will charge you for water from an artesian well on your own land. Becuse they own the water. All of it. Luckily for the OP a few of my Make Yourself Into A Camel Without Surgery kits are still available. PM me, yah?

TV licence people?
Now there's a shit gripper, Detector Vans.....Do
they think we're all fcuking stupid...."if it's switched
on we can trace it and see what you are watching"

Good job they can't do it with a PC, I'd be stuffed
for tuning into XHamster......at my age?...disgusting.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Now there's a shit gripper, Detector Vans.....Do
they think we're all fcuking stupid...."if it's switched
on we can trace it and see what you are watching"

Good job they can't do it with a PC, I'd be stuffed
for tuning into XHamster......at my age?...disgusting.
That's just made me wonder what's happened to CQMS.

Can you refuse them entry like the TV licence people? Then I never answer the door to any fucker, electric company threatened to take me to court if I didn't let them in.
Same thing happened to a mate of mine. He lives in Glasgow though so the electricity folks just said they'd smash his front door in while he was out in order to get a meter reading. His meter is outside his house and can be read by anybody walking past on the street.

There's a rather amusing tale somewhere on the site of an Arrser who had the Gas folks break in to conduct a "safety check" while he was in the house. He doesn't have gas. The gas blokes had misread the address on their warrant. That made them burglars. Oh dear.

A friend in Germany pumps water from a well on her own land to water her Baumschule. She has to pay to extract it and payfor sewage although it all returns to the ground!

Check out on google, a friend of mine has got his own spring and I'm sure the only thing he needed to fit was a UV light to kill the nasties.
Fucking water companies are bastards.
Remember one, down south that wanted to charge for water butts because they reckoned what fell out the sky was theirs. Until a women sued them for their product ruining the washing, soon backed off, wankers.

CG

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Same thing happened to a mate of mine. He lives in Glasgow though so the electricity folks just said they'd smash his front door in while he was out in order to get a meter reading. His meter is outside his house and can be read by anybody walking past on the street.

There's a rather amusing tale somewhere on the site of an Arrser who had the Gas folks break in to conduct a "safety check" while he was in the house. He doesn't have gas. The gas blokes had misread the address on their warrant. That made them burglars. Oh dear.
They won't move my meter outside the lazy twats so they keep pestering me. If my own readings were pennies I could understand their persistence. Safety check my arse.

One advantage about an internal water meter is some dishonest person could tee in to the supply under the floor, and divert say the supply to the hot water system and by- pass the meter to get half for free........

But we're all honest on here, we wouldn't dream of it.

One advantage about an internal water meter is some dishonest person could tee in to the supply under the floor, and divert say the supply to the hot water system and by- pass the meter to get half for free........

But we're all honest on here, we wouldn't dream of it.
Aw, VTMC, do you have written Inst. on how NOT to do this?
I will pay Postage and feed them to AK when I have perused them!

Latest Threads