eau, what a rip off

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by rifleair, Jun 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Severn Trent charge me nearly £500 a year for clean water.
    I have just watched an advert from 'save the children' stating that they can provide clean water for only £3 a month.
    I think that this is fantastic,, how can I get save the children to take over from Severn Trent and save me hundreds of quid?

• Like Like x 4
  2. HHH

HHH LE

Declare your house a disaster zone, then all the charities will be queueing up to help you!!

3. Put your kids on the front lawn and smear jam on their faces to attract the flys???

4. I just paid £53 to Severn Trent for 6 months, mind you it's only me living in house.

5. HHH

HHH LE

Move to Northern Ireland, no water charges (YET), plus it never stops raining!!

6. My sister in law lived in a farmhouse in Wales, as she'd moved there from India it wasn't too much of a culture shock.

Anyway she and her other half had a spring on the property, which they piped down to the farmhouse.

The relevant water board said they had to have the water tested, and guess what? It came to the same price as their water rates would have been, and before you ask, no an independant health check would not be valid, the test was to be repeated yearly, and refusal to comply would result in their spring being cut off.

Water boards, worse than the energy suppliers.

7. HHH

HHH LE

Surely if the spring was on her property, it's nothing to do with any water company?

8. Just ask the guys in Gitmo!!

9. Can you refuse them entry like the TV licence people? Then I never answer the door to any fucker, electric company threatened to take me to court if I didn't let them in.

10. tried the disaster zone, council told me to bugger off, jam sounds good but my son keeps licking himself clean, authorities and children, you just can't trust em to do the right thing!

on the plus side, my benefits have gone up!

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Try it. The fuckers will charge you for water from an artesian well on your own land. Becuse they own the water. All of it. Luckily for the OP a few of my Make Yourself Into A Camel Without Surgery kits are still available. PM me, yah?

12. Now there's a shit gripper, Detector Vans.....Do
    they think we're all fcuking stupid...."if it's switched
    on we can trace it and see what you are watching"

Good job they can't do it with a PC, I'd be stuffed
    for tuning into XHamster......at my age?...disgusting.

13. That's just made me wonder what's happened to CQMS.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Same thing happened to a mate of mine. He lives in Glasgow though so the electricity folks just said they'd smash his front door in while he was out in order to get a meter reading. His meter is outside his house and can be read by anybody walking past on the street.

There's a rather amusing tale somewhere on the site of an Arrser who had the Gas folks break in to conduct a "safety check" while he was in the house. He doesn't have gas. The gas blokes had misread the address on their warrant. That made them burglars. Oh dear.

15. A friend in Germany pumps water from a well on her own land to water her Baumschule. She has to pay to extract it and payfor sewage although it all returns to the ground!