Eau Bolleaux Its The Millies

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Markintime, Dec 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen Sky 1 advertising the dreaded Millies on 18th December.

Do we get a phone vote for cuddliest RSM?
  2. When are the Arrse awards being announced?
  3. Is this Millies, thing for real.

is it the best wah ever!
  4. I saw this advertised.Could not believe it,so ignored it.
    But now I realise,I really did see it!
  5. The Millies!!

Best Armed Forces Animal - I know 1 or 2 Para’s that meet this criteria

Please tell me that the higher echelons don’t support this, or have I completely lost touch with what’s going on in the services.
  6. squeekingsapper

squeekingsapper LE Reviewer

Part of me says to ride the wave of public sentiment whilst you can, as no one really gave a flying **** when guys were coming back from Bosnia or even across the water in NI.

Seeing that Jack's story was back on again, it might be a good time to nominate his CO for being the most spineless and displaying an inability to man up and give the guy a telling off for stepping out of line on film rather than pulling him back later off of film.
  7. The pity is that they'll take it all very seriously and there'll be lots of misty eyes, eager clapping and much forced gulping and sobbing for the brave boys and girls, and not a quality skiff or surprise hump in sight.
    Bored already.
  8. That would'nt look to good for Jack and it would be rather embarrassing for him being bollocked on air. Also the Officer in question is probably one of the best officers l've worked for. He was always one for the blokes!
  9. The whole thing sounds like Americanised twoddle.
  10. True Grit?! WTF. Load of old b0llocks. How far back can we go? Best Airman - Bomber Harris. Best Marine - Camouflage. Overcoming Adversity - Everyone for switching to JPA. FFS.
  11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Big spread in the sun today

The panel includes SAS legend Andy McNab, former Army head General Sir Mike Jackson, England rugby stars Martin Johnson and Lawrence Dallaglio and actor Ross Kemp.

Others are ex-Royal Navy chief Lord West, former RAF boss Air Chief Marshal Sir Peter Squires and The Sun’s Defence Editor Tom Newton Dunn.

Three judges — England footie skipper John Terry, Sun columnist and Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson, and former SAS commander Lord Guthrie — could not be there yesterday but their votes were still counted.

Can't see the point myself
    The Armed Forces IIRC already have awards for best recruit etc and Gallantry awards for acts of bravery
    No doubt Broon and his missus will be there smiling and telling everyone how good the forces are

Ride the crest of a wave of poularity whilst it lasts because ramming down people's throats what is going on whilst I feel can be good will eventually start p1ssing people off

The British Forces IMHO gained their reputation by going about there work quietly and don't need a two foot high plastic dildo to tell them they are good

Since they are going ahead has anyone serving in the forces thought to nominate Spanish Dave and MDN for the work they have done?

Although I wouldn't trust the Sun as far as I can throw them wait for the "do you know an award winner" tagline

Nice to see what they got on MDN though
  12. Would MDN collect his award in a gimp suit do you think?
  13. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I was hoping they would turn up as Batman and Robin ala Del and Rodney
  14. Made up by The Sun to show how much they support "our boys". It's nice to be appreciated, but I'd rather have another stripe and a big pay rise than something collecting dust on my tv - not that I'd be in the running for anything.. do they have an award for services to PG Tips?
  15. Or services to Mess profits :?