Eating its children: Dawkins now

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Idrach, Jul 24, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No but some of the poster on here have.

• Like Like x 2
  2. No, because boko haram.

• Like Like x 1
  3. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Bene Geserite use it for all their members.
    Rites of joining, tied with pain and/or risk of death are usual things. For example - candidate should get loaded (in his sight) gun, target his own head and press trigger. Usually firing pin is damaged (and there are no shoot), but it is assumed, that neofit don't know it. And yes, sometimes, accidents are occurs.
    Swimming in icehole is a pleasure. Russians traditionally do it in the day of Epiphany. Children usually like it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think, that religion is a skeleton of a mind. Worm can flex his body in any place, but can't stand vertically.

4. @YarS You are a very strange, twisted individual.

I truly hope (probably in vain) that you are not representative of your nation.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Supping Skydrol will do that to you.

6. Well. You've convinced me there. Where did you get the picture of me and my granddad. Even in my wildest moments of submission to this Yoda like man, I would have been over the hills and far away if he had pulled a gun and asked me to head shot myself.

Anyway, I did not enjoy it. Once, we were watching Beau Geste and he decided to bury me up to my head in sand. We had to walk two days to the beach and camped out along the way. After burying me, he got drunk and forgot where I was. Luckily, a passing policeman found me just before the tide came in. When I told him what had happened, both he and grandpa beat me with nettles for being a grass.

Such happy days.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. You mean it's a way to get the masses to tolerate suffering for the benefit of an elite, in return for a promise of a reward in the afterlife.

• Like Like x 2
  8. YarS

YarS On ROPs

I mean, that even in egalitarian societies parents teach their children to tolerate suffering. If child can't tolerate even minimal suffering - he will not became adult.
    Mind should control body. Super-ego should control "id". "Inner angel" should control "inner chimp". It is a basics of being human. But for the etheral life you should have a better self-control. Usually we can't achieve it only by singing songs and giving alms. We need a training in suffering and our Lord send it to us.

9. You are Comrade Uncle Vanya and I claim my five roubles.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. YarS

YarS On ROPs

And from our point of view you are very strange individuals, too.

I'm a simple man, and I think I'm representative of Russian majority.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Yar S. You sound like a cross between my Sunday school tormentor and my Latin teacher. At least we know genetic engineering is cutting edge in Russia.

• Like Like x 3
  13. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Band "Uncle Vanya and nephews"
    "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

• Like Like x 1
  14. YarS

YarS On ROPs

"My girlfriend was crushed by Spacemarine"
    English subtitles aviable.

15. I was going to be sarcastic but couldn't think where to start really. With such input, I feel we may yet make an Englishman of you.

Is it me?