eating dogs in bosnis

Redadair

Swinger
Just a quick question a mate from work served a few tours I n bosnia with the signals he is forever saying he ate dog quite regular on his tours out there. I have said he is a bullshitter as I know the army had all the resources in place for resupply ect.
Cheers .

Just a quick question a mate from work served a few tours I n bosnia with the signals he is forever saying he ate dog quite regular on his tours out there. I have said he is a bullshitter as I know the army had all the resources in place for resupply ect.
Cheers .

Is he claiming that either the Army served them dog meat at regular intervals, or that he was forced to eat dog because they weren't being resupplied?

Sounds like rubbish to me, and more likely he's making a joke about the quality of the food rather than claiming he actually ate dog.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Cheers .

He's probably refering to cunnilingus on fat & welcoming EFI birds

Redadair

Swinger
no he is claiming he ate it because he could and it wasn't a joke about food which I agree is sometimes like dog meat. Cheers matey.

There was a few places you drove by that looked like it was roasting dog on a spit but was probably goat. The cook houses used to have pictures of different animals so you could misinform Malbat and co as to what they were eating.The Malaysians at konjic converted a Un ISO bog into a food prep area by storing chopped up chicken in the steel urinal which I found out after eating there.

ACAB

LE
British army (royal signals)
Then, though I was not in Bosnia, I suspect your mate is talking bollocks, Christ, can you imagine what would have happened if the press had got wind that our guys were being forced to eat dogs??? The Daily Nail would have gone into meltdown. Now, if he said he had had to eat babies heads then, yep, fair one.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Then, though I was not in Bosnia, I suspect your mate is talking bollocks, Christ, can you imagine what would have happened if the press had got wind that our guys were being forced to eat dogs??? The Daily Nail would have gone into meltdown. Now, if he said he had had to eat babies heads then, yep, fair one.
Or god forbid sandwiches.........

There was a few places you drove by that looked like it was roasting dog on a spit but was probably goat. The cook houses used to have pictures of different animals so you could misinform Malbat and co as to what they were eating.The Malaysians at konjic converted a Un ISO bog into a food prep area by storing chopped up chicken in the steel urinal which I found out after eating there.

******* dirty bastards! One of my mates battered **** out of a Malaysian for having less than acceptable toilet habits (shitting outside his tent). He booted him in the face as he was squatted down, and rolled him in his own shit. Nothing was said about it.

Send your mate to India, he'll have a full time job there.

The cookhouse scoff in Bosnia was better than in camp back in the UK ....
The cuisine in the few Bosnian and Croatian restaurants we went to were usually pretty good.

Dragan's hotdogs at the garage in Vitez were awesome. Couldn't swear to them not being dog but they tasted good.

Thinking about it, the FRG adopted a local stray which lived in our tent and it didn't end up in a pot. So dog, I don't think so.