EASY MONEY!!!!

Discussion in 'REME' started by soldier2uk, Nov 20, 2006.

?
  1. yes

53.8%
  2. no

46.2%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ok here is a question why are so many people i speak to getting out!!!! its easy money, you take the rough with smooth but in all fairness how many brews do you drink in a week. how many times have you come to work pissed and just slept in a storeroom or fitter truck and no one said anything
    come on how many jobs on civie street are like that??!!!???

airborne...............

2. your not a VM are u?

it was like that, for me until about 1998, after that it was graft, graft, graft.

your right tho, not many jobs are remotely close to that in civvy street.

i work 9-5 however, dont do weekends, Ord Sgt/stag on/Gd Comd anymore, holiday in Iraq, Afganistan, Bosnia or other lovely destinations. i grow my burners to the length i wish, wear an unironed shirt for work if im late, dont have to wear a hat, run around with rucksacks on, have some jumped up git in a white vest shout at me. the list goes on......

i do however bloody miss it, lots sometimes, but the pros of getting out outweigh the cons, for me that is. they wont for everyone.

3. you got it right im a vm but im also a pti unlucky!!!!

airborne.........

4. I remember gettin smashed in the fitter section one hot summer, playing darts into the side of a 43poo, and then sleeping in the penthouse of said truppenpanzer.. only to be rudely woken by my section gun gaffer attempting to climb into my space, but only touching me where i wee... Top job better than civvy street cos i did that then saw the easy light.. :) gets my vote!!! however, there is now the graft option that is imposed on us from higher, im no shirker and pull my weight but some persons want spanners turning like helicopter blades 24/7, are we really machines that some higher formations want us to be?

S2uk must be a bummer being n Wksp PT hung over yea?

5. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Not many jobs like that in Civvy Strasse but they are there if you look for them and cultivate your responsabilities. My job involves me spending 1 hr on the phone, 2 hours on the net and the 1 hr in the office on an average day. The rest of the time I use to develop a business venture having spent years developing a run down property.
    My learning experience was kindled during my 2 final posts both in an HQ role. Never ,NEVER was I going to be office bound again.
    :lol:

6. It's easy money on one hand, however it only takes one or two belle**ds to muck it up for everyone close by...BATUS take note.

7. i grow my burners to the length i wish, wear an unironed shirt for work if im late, dont have to wear a hat, run around with rucksacks on, have some jumped up git in a white vest shout at me. the list goes on......

Wasn't that your approach to Brats?!! :D

8. Hmmm, i think your probably right actually! Is that why i ran around that fcuking lake a lot?!! :D