Easter.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ozduke, Apr 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :twisted: Does anyone else find Easter terribly outdated?
    While I'm happy to have some time off work, I just find the whole "celebration" just so 2nd millennium.

2. Not outdated. A bit like Christmas in that people seems to forget the real reason it is celebrated. Not to enter into any religious topic....

3. It's Easter?

I suppose my calendar isn't a christian one.

4. You know, the time we all eat rabbit eggs.

5. YOU WHAT????

Two free days off work. I havent forgot what easter is about.
    :wink:

6. People seem to forget the true meaning of Easter.

Easter Sunday is a day for quiet reflection followed by some DIY and then off to buy a new sofa as there's a sale on.

Mind you, when isn't there a sale on?

7. Not in Aus mate - DIY shops are closed on Good Friday - bloody sacrilege if you ask me.
    Glad of the 2 days off though :)

8. Easter, as I recall from early bible classes, is a celebration of when they killed the Baby Jesus by pinning to him to some timber. How barbaric was that? He was only 4 months old after all (3 months and a half some years).

And how such an infant could roll away such a big stone is a true miracle. I think Mary Queen of Scots helped out, to be honest.

9. And IIRC, in Germany, the music will be switched off at midnight on Saturday night as Easter Sunday is a religious holiday and you're not allowed to bop until you drop on those days.

That confused a few in that shitehole of a pad's pub (?) on the Hakedahl estate in Detmold.

10. Gimbals.

11. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

No it isn't, the DIY is followed by a visit to A&E.

12. Everything's closed, even the pubs. This mob are far more pious than I expected.
    Even the pubs I say - what else are bank holidays for?

13. Mr_Deputy said:
    You sick b@stard! That's not in the spirit of Easter.

14. Not in my family!

Mr_Deputy: Are you from Norfolk?

Jesus walks into a hotel at Easter, puts some planks and nails on the reception desk and says: "Can you put me up for the night?"

Coat on, walking out the door!

15. .... or the Forest of Dean