Easter in first week of January?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Forces_Sweetheart, Jan 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Arrgh. Am I alone in feeling that displays of Easter eggs in Sainsburys (and other stores) from the first week of January onwards is distasteful and unnecessary? I know life is too short to get worked up over this sort of thing but after they started Christmas in September, I decided to contact their customer service team about 'Egg-gate'. Here's the reply I got this week:

In other words, customers demand it, other stores do it, we're making money from it so we don't care.

My response is as follows:

Thank you for your response.

By the way, I'm not sure that people contacting customer services will understand what 'These end aisles are only ranged for 3-4 months of the year' means. I'm not sure I do.

I don't doubt that the British public loves to buy chocolate all year round. It doesn't even surprise me that they would still be buying it in early January after eating a mountain of it over Christmas. But I wondered if you have conducted recent research about your merchandising. Is it really the case that the British public walks into Sainsburys (or other supermarkets) in the first week of January and says 'I wanted to buy some easter eggs and you don't stock any yet - why is that?'? Seriously? If you conducted a customer survey and asked 'During what month would you like to see Easter confectionary arrive in store? I am sure no one would say January, or even February.

I wonder how much of your merchandising is genuinely in response to customer demand. I'm not especially religious, I don't have a problem with commercial gain but seeing these very premature displays is disappointing and makes Sainsbury's look cynical and out of touch.

I know there are more important things in life to worry about and I realise that you are not personally responsible! I hope you can pass my comments, for what they are worth, to whoever is.

Many thanks

Not the end of the world but a good way of channelling anger! Will wait and see if they reply.

• Like Like x 1
  2. FS, loved the "I have escalated your enquiry to our knowledge team" quoted on their response. Maybe you should have responded "I have disseminated your response to our ARRSe team".
    Complete gibberish. Bet Sainsbury's use "Transparent Wall Maintenance Executives" instead of window cleaners.
    S

3. Just what the heck is a
    Bunch of Jobsworths possibly?

4. They've just had an advert on ITV with those two birds and the chocolate rabbit. Happy Easter, she says. Happy friggin' Easter? It's the 13th of January, you clowns.

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you had waited three days, you could have got the full eight years.

6. Resurrection of a thread, Easter? Ho very subtle.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Best get the Easter eggs out the way... They need room for the Halloween gear.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

If it had been six there would have been the extra 3 required for a full and proper resurrection!

9. But if I'd started a completely, brand new thread about one friggin' advert, I'd have got the site nazis queuing up to tell me it was already discussed way back when instead of the site nazis telling me it's an old thread.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Achtung! Necrothread!

11. Forces Sweetheart - a blast from the past. Her tenuous connection to the army was through a Green Jacket's penis.

12. I still haven't got round to eating my frigging chocolate Santa Claus.

13. Tried the search :)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

14. You can't win.

Oi, you, search for a thread you shouldn't ressurect. Makes my bleddy head spin

15. I'd still like to know if Forces sweetheart got any further response from the duffers at Sainsbury.