Eastenders.....

Has anybody been following Eastenders lately? Did you watch the episode on Christmas day? Was still crying my eyes out half an hour after it was finished :'( (Poor Jamie)....Don't know if it had to do with the couple of sherry's that I'd drank prior to it... ::)
No...I was really touched with it , I know it's not real but things like that can and do happen. :(

I've got right into it now....Who's for Laura's baby turning out black? ;D

Do you have to bring your crap sh1te onto every single forum? Do us a favour and keep your stupid opinions 2 yourself you f1cked up old man!

Cheers... ;D

Stained Eligius

Right on the money! I was properly choked at that bit , only heightened by the loss of the gorgeous Kristin Scott Thomas. What a top film that was.

Whilst we're on the subject, does anyone know where that was filmed? The sweeping desert scenes etc?

I think it was filmed in Morocco or Tunisia. This is a pleasant surprise, blokes being moved by an artistic piece of film........well, OK, I know its K S-T that's really moving you, but still..........have you seen her in 'My Life as a House'? Weird title, but brilliant film.

Horse Whisperer is on on Thursday  (Ch 5)- must see it again.

Can't believe there is a thread dedicated to Eastenders.

ORG Im with you on this one mate, Its a pile of dribble all about brain dead shandy swilling southerners, bleating on about fruit & veg barrows & getting stuck up each others sisters.

There is absolutely no totty and they have they acting ability of a gang of retarded sea otters. The tastiest bit of crumpet ever screened on the show was Tamsin Outhwaite and I'd rather whoop 'Wellard' than spend five minutes in her company, face like a bag of smashed crabs.

All in all PANTS!

I think the kindest thing they ever did to Jamie was to kill him off, he had the worst job in the world having to kiss melted welly head Sonia every day, then the poor git has to go home and chuck a mix up that burst hoover bag from Pop idol, Kim Marsh-beast

Think ive finished

Im forced to sit through it as my other half is an addict, I simply sit and mock, mimic and taunt the tele

Persona, your a new chick on the block. Are you a moose a ginger or a fine piece of totty?

Just to clarify

Not Ginger
Not a moose
Not totty

A lesbian then ;D

Eligius, thanks for the link dude! I must watch that film again. :)

Prodigal, no I haven't seen My Life as a House. Is the fair lady KST equally gorgeous in this movie? It wasn't her that moved me in the English Patient, just a profound sadness that he was too late and probably the gorgeous desert scenery.

I take it the couple of drinks were to numb your senses and slower your reactions to ear abuse and the hideous smile of the skipmoose sonia

Will need more than Nurofen to rid my mind of the nightmares i have thinking about her, is she not the ugliest boot on the box.

PTP will have her in a flying suit on the AVN thread soon, ranting on about her being a stunner.

I cant think of anyone uglier, not even Jimmy Nail or Timothy Spall. I think its fantastic that the BBC are equal opportunities employers however do they have to subject 20 million viewers to that four times a week.

I put the tele in the kitchen and the wallpaper i have been promising to strip peeled itself and ran away.

J

jake

What is it about the Christmas TV schedules ? - either endless repeats (Steptoe & Son circa 1974) - or soaps filled with death (murder/suicides/fatal rtas) .. does TV reflect the society it is being beamed to ... or are there 'dark forces' at work ?  - Not to mention the news !!  - Petrol to rise by £0.09p per litre ... SHOCKING.   :(

Forced to watch Eastenders , wanted to get out and do some Airfield Archaeology, but stuck watchiong that bollox. Eastenders is fcuking awful. The one happy thing that should have happened, Little Mo's wedding, was fcuked by interspersing it with scenes of Jamie shuffling off. Utter crap. If you want to be depressed, watch Eastenders, cast full of Mingers, and I wouldn't touch Sonya with Bob Mugabe's.

K-S-T is blimmin gorgeous, very nice in 4 weddings , and various other things she's done. Unfortunately, she's married to a frog. :mad:

But there is nothing out there to touch the Goddess Joely Richardson.. I am not worthy

PTP, check your IMs!

A_S, if you were moved by that scene, may I recommend the Northern Lights trilogy by Philip Pullman? (Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and the Amber Spyglass). Really good books and a bittersweet love story in it as well.

I'm sorry, I don't watch any of the soaps, but what about Dr Luka (ER) for MO (oh yes please!), Aragorn for anything SF, Jean Luc Picard (Star Trek) for CO and Worf for RSM...

Please forgive my ignorance, what is PFPI?!

How about Baldrick for Adjt - no extras, ever again.

Did anyone see the repeat of 'Shackleton'. What a great piece of TV, and what an amazing story. I went to see a ship up in Dundee which I'm pretty sure was the Endurance, such a beautiful ship. One of the things that struck me was everything, but everything, was made of wood and brass - no plastic, nylon, goretex etc etc.

I also went to a lecture at the RGS (Royal Geographical Society - I'm a member, well, a Fellow) which compared Scott's expedition with Shackleton's, as there was a lot of stuff in the media at the time about Shackleton. Sir Ran Fiennes put up a very spirited defence of Scott's style of leadership (which was being compared unfavourably with Shackleton's). A really interesting lecture. Incidentally, for those of you interested in these things, there is a 50th Anniversary bash of Everest organised at the Odean, Leicester Square, in May. If any of you want more info, please post me.

Sorry Leeanne, I'll move this to another thread if you like!! You keep watching Eastenders girl!