Eastbourne Redoubt

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by ugly, Apr 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well easter hols (I know!) struck again and I was taking the little and not so little Uglies around the Redoubt Museum at eastbourne. It houses the Royal Sussex and QRIH musuems or so the blurb said. Nipper is into tanks (mainly blowing them up and we didnt have the diesel to get to Bovvy) so I said I know where there are a couple. inside its all undergoing a slow refurb, some stuff needs cleaning (badly) and the outside exhibits, 1 Ferret and 1 cent are in dog order.
    Any way as I have put the tank pics up in the RAC forum I thought perhaps you may like to see some others;
    Part of one mans collection of shooting medals, quite a collection for the gravelbellies amongst us.
    Whilst we are doing medals, all 26 bars for the South Africa medal! Now who needs court mounting, I suspect a sack barrow would be of more use.
    Some sadly quite rusty war trophies and one below really in a sorry state;[​IMG]
    This was found at the foot of beachy head and No It Wasnt Mine!

Locker layouts and bedblocks all round!
  2. Last picture, put that man on a charge Ug, boots unacceptable and he needs a haircut, and why has he got a yellow bristled horse grooming brush?

Have you taken your section to the Isle of Wight museum, believe they have the restored tanks seen in the TV progs – hence they should move and perhaps give rides? http://www.isleofwight.com/militarymuseum/index.html

3. Watching the Isle of Wight blokes on UK tv history now
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

B loody expen sive ferry though!
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Has the bird in the e bay ad got a c0ck?
  6. Probably had a sloppy obstetrician 8O