East India Company

Why doesn't Alan Sugar or Richard Branson set up a venture like the old East India Company, and buy all the opium that Afghanistan etc can produce ?
Import the smack into the West and sell it to the pharmaceutical companies ?

Seems like a win-win scenario to me.

Fecking barrow boys aren't so clever are they ?

Why doesn't Alan Sugar or Richard Branson set up a venture like the old East India Company, and buy all the opium that Afghanistan etc can produce ?

Because swarthy/slit eyed looking men would then be unable to sell the end product to crackheads like your goodself.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

You aren't that clever, we grow opium Poppy's here in the UK

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Might just have something to do with the small fact that what you have suggested is a tad illegal? :)

Another show stopper would be that having your own private armed forces is frowned upon now* so having your own John Company army of some 154,000 troops plus warships etc might be a bit of a problem.

* well except Blackwater etal of course.

My humble solution to the Afghan problem is as follows

1/.Agent Orange on all the Poppy Fields (Agent Orange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
2/.Wait for starvation to set in (No Poppy, No Money for Doughnuts,---- Halal of course)
3/.Good morning Mohammed , please put your quality Izhmash product on that big pile over there and collect your Daily Family Ration Pack from the nice man in the blue helmet. Then go home and stop being a fucking nuisance.