EA's New Medal of Honour Game Outrage

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Flip_Flop_the_Gog, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Outrage

2. Strom in Teacup

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. EA's new game will give gamers to option to act as the Taliban and kill British soliers in the game.

Outrage or storm in teacup?
  2. No it doesn't.
  3. I voted against the outrage bus, because I'll be playing it and I'm big enough and ugly enough to realise that its only a game.

I can't see why a computer game can tarnish the names of the fallen in Afghanistan or the injured, there Heroes nothing can change that.
  4. Being talked about on PPRUNE as well. and as has been pointed out on there, there's plenty of other games out there that let the gamer play "the enemy" just the timing that's a bits cack.
  5. I don't see what the problem is.

Single player with a campaign based around US Special Forces killing Taliban.

Multiplayer which is basically your average FPS frag fest. You can go the Taliban or the Americans. So ******* what.

There plenty of World War 2 veterens left alive, and yet there has never been uproar over Medal of Honour or COD games allowing you to play as Fritz.
  6. Cowboys and Indians anyone? Gotta have at least one indian. The fat speccy ginger kid with the stick instead of a cap gun used to work as our indian most days. Is this any different?
  7. That was EA's response the other day. Were you have a goody you always have a bady and in this case Terry is the baddy.
  8. I am so bad at computer games that if I played it as an Allied soldier, I would do our reputation so much harm there should be erm outrage. It's only a game.
  9. The only people that will be complaining about this will be the sort of people who read the Daily Mail, there's also a good chance that most of them not owning a system to play the game on
  10. What's a strom?
  11. [​IMG]

That is.
  12. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I don't think it's a problem and will let the citizens of Bradford and Birmingham achieve their aims with out the long journey and the risks involved to them and their dole money

13. BOING! Said Zebedee!
  14. surely the main point being missed here is that the game is focused on American special forces and as far as i can see has nothing to do with British troops and as mentioned before in multiplayer someone has to play the enemy!

i think the real question is whether it will be better than cod: blackops coming out anyway... (also for those gamers who want a British addon, ARMA2 is bringing out a new addon pack competely dedicated to British troops and equipment, looks good!)
  15. I don't even think you can play as the Brits in MOH multiplayer, I think they've seen the Helmand map and instantly thought, wee Bastards are gonna shoot the Brits with towels on there heads and lets just ban the game.