Earthquake

Local social media is reporting that it was felt up in Telford. I was out when it hit, but have checked my house. All seems ok, apart from everything has been shaken out of my daughters drawers and bedside table and is now all over the floor.

RP.
Kids eh!

feck all felt in Brum except for a couple of fumbles and a grope apart from that bugger all.

Perhaps there has been far too much fracking fornications ....................

A bloke once explained to me that fracking relies on deliberately causing quakes to produce the gas.
If you think about it, why spend money pumping shit down a borehole to break up the rock, when after a little persuasion mother nature does it for free.

Double standards as far as the anti frak loons go...demonstrations in Lancashire about boreholes being drilled and water pumped down , to extract shale gas because it may cause a minor earth tremors, yet nothing being said about them drilling in Cornwall for geo-thermal, where they are drilling a borehole and injecting cold water in , and using the steam coming out, with the chance of minor earth tremors

Double standards as far as the anti frak loons go...demonstrations in Lancashire about boreholes being drilled and water pumped down , to extract shale gas because it may cause a minor earth tremors, yet nothing being said about them drilling in Cornwall for geo-thermal, where they are drilling a borehole and injecting cold water in , and using the steam coming out, with the chance of minor earth tremors
One has benefits for the local residents, the other benefits non-residents.

I can't see road tankers full of tepid water traversing the country any time soon. Well, not until someone develops a means of converting radon into a weapons-grade plutonium alternative.

What's the deal about it? Heard it for the first time from your post. It just seems like a rock in the middle of the sea..

Rockall - Wikipedia
Its the North Atlantic version of those wee Islands the Chinese are fond of fortifying. Read the section on ownership. All will become clear.

BTW one of the early quakes in the visualisation is in the direction of Rockall (but probably not far enough out). I was suggesting that it might have fallen over.

The difference is twofold. With fracking you are pumping down a pretty toxic mix of chemicals, which could contaminate water supplies, in order to produce extra fossil fuels just as we really need to reduce their use. In Cornwall the water is clean, so unlikely to poison people's drinking water, and the objective is to reduce the use of fossil fuels.

Latest Threads